第六章 ─ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔

────────── ✦ ──────────

第六章 // 𝗖𝗛. 𝟲 」

"Curses."

────────── ✦ ──────────

Your ears pick up the sound of air whooshing past as you skid to a halt a few metres away from the simian you were facing.

"Look, we don't have to fight-"

You cut off Wukong with another quick slice aiming to cut him into half. A loud clang is heard as your blade slams against his staff.

You grit your teeth, before jumping backwards.

"You should have run that through your brain before coming here, Sun Wukong. Oh, wait. You don't have one." Sneering, your left hand proceeds to make a hand sign.

"I'm sorry, okay?" He protests, holding his staff behind him in a passive stance. His face is one of discomfort, and his eyes dart away when he feels yours staring coldly into them.

"Sorry? You're sorry? That's it?"

He winces as you scoff.

"Y/n, I'm sorry. I should have... come back for you." Duplicates of your sword appear behind you, all pointed at the simian.

"I didn't mean to leave you behind, I was—" He inhales sharply. He sounds almost breathless as he turns back to see the barrage of blades behind you, his pupils dilating. "...busy."

You laugh dryly.

"Busy celebrating with your sworn brothers? Busy planning to overthrow the Jade Emperor?!" You yell at the top of your lungs, gesturing angrily at the scene around you as flames blazed in your irises.

"Listen to me, Y/n. I had to do those things for— For the greater good! Have you seen those other Celestial beings? All they do is lounge around and enjoy themselves. I've never seen a single one of them aid the mortals—!"

Without warning, you unleashed a flurry of strikes, your duplicate swords cutting through the air with frightening speed. Wukong barely had time to react, deflecting your blows with his staff, gasping while narrowly dodging one that flew too close to his face — a hair's length away from slicing his ear off.

"Leave them out of this. I care not whether they are the citizens and residents of the Celestial Realm— My duty is to protect the Jade Emperor. I follow all orders issued by him and him only. His word is law." A look of dismay appears on Wukong's face upon hearing you utter the very same words he had hoped you wouldn't utter.