第九章 ─ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗

────────── ✦ ──────────

「 第九章 // 𝗖𝗛. 𝟵 」

"Dr. Sunshine is Dead."

────────── ✦ ──────────

All Wukong hears is faint murmurs and whispers coming from either side of his subconscious body. He groans, and the conversation immediately falls silent.

A small slap was delivered to his cheeks before he had the time to react — earning the prosecutor a small yelp and a wince as he rubs the left side of his cheeks.

"I know you're awake." A sharp voice cuts through the last remains of his drowsy sleepiness, filled with coldness and contempt.

He drags his hands down his face, pulling his eyebags down slightly as he makes a face. Wukong pushes himself up eagerly, immediately meeting your icy and piercing eyes. He feels a shiver go down his spine as his grin falters just slightly.

"Geez, starlight. That's not how you wake people up," Wukong answers brightly, resulting in a harsh flick to his forehead; "Ow!"

"Be quiet." Sighing, you face Jiangxue sitting opposite you on the other side of Wukong, telling him to go check on MK.

You'd hate to be left alone with Sun Wukong, but desperate times call for desperate measures: for all you know, Jiangxue might chop Wukong's head off for all the wrongs he's done to you in the past.

The group of you were still stranded atop the now destroyed mountain peak where Macaque was defeated and sent flying away. You completely embrace the notion of Wukong not surviving, but you had decided not to move MK seeing as to how Jiangxue had already brought you some medicinal herbs that were littered around the mountain.

And since Wukong was there, you were obliged to treat him as well.

Yes, because MK would question why his Master was in such a sorry state if he woke up later on. Completely neutral, absolutely no personal feelings or grudges held towards that simian.

Moving on, you faced said simian once again with a frown on your face. With all the occurrences that had popped out of nowhere since you arrived in this realm, you had neither the energy nor the right mindset to reprimand the Celestial Monkey right then.

Instead, you choose to remain silent and communicate all the unfriendly remarks you had gathered in your mind through a single, long-lasting, intense stare. Wukong shrinks away from your burning gaze uncomfortably, his eyes looking to the side nervously.