第八章 ─ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟖

────────── ✦ ──────────

「 第八章 // 𝗖𝗛. 𝟴 」

"The Other Side of Paradise."

────────── ✦ ──────────

You've seen how they fought. You know full well how Macaque's power compares to Wukong's.

You remember the dark red liquid spilling from wounds and cuts, staining the barren sand below a deep crimson.

You remember being unable to do anything.

You remember being forbidden to do anything.

Thus, it did not come as a surprise when Macaque supposedly stole Monkey King's powers from MK in order to defeat the former.

Sun Wukong is a monster. A monster who can tear apart the seven seas and shake the very foundations of Heaven.

You think you remember Nezha mouthing those words to you even before meeting the simian himself.

He is unable to love, because he has never been loved.

What worried you was the fact that you didn't have the faintest idea how Macaque clawed out his way from six feet under — much less what he was up to — causing such a scene in the Mortal Realm right after returning...

Though, you doubt it is of his own free will. Knowing Macaque, he's not one to trouble himself like such.

You must admit though, the mere thought of watching two Celestial Monkeys battle as a spectator who really is just there as emotional support is exciting.

Well, perhaps other than the fact MK could end up with emotional and mental trauma, and that you were slightly biased towards Macaque for not causing you trouble (mostly), you could care less.

...You take that back.

MK has been hyperventilating since you arrived with Jiangxue and you're running out of time to think about how to get that heavy stick off him.

Way to go, Y/n. Maybe you should have done something other than drop hints along the way that Macaque is a villain mastermind who is ready to betray anyone at any given time.

Gosh, it really isn't your fault that MK is the most clueless person you've ever met. That prophecy is making life about as difficult for all of you as it can get.

And so you think about all that nonsense while comforting MK to the best of your abilities, rubbing circles on his hand as usual to calm him down.

Jiangxue has been sent off on an errand to get some medicine for the poor kid, albeit begrudgingly and muttering something about 'mortals and their vulnerability'.