第十章 ─ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟎

────────── ✦ ──────────

「 第十章 // 𝗖𝗛. 𝟭𝟬 」

"The Moon Will Sing."

────────── ✦ ──────────

Admittedly, your day was going great until the overwhelming sense of something evil coming to wreck the town overtook your guts.

It was rather disturbing, really, to have your guts suddenly squeeze itself together and nearly lead to you choking on your soothing cup of red tea.

The gloomy sky once again confirmed your suspicions. Perhaps it was for plot purposes - the sky always seemed to darken into a shade of some cool colour when trouble was brewing in the corners of this city.

It was quite literal, too. The air around definitely dropped a few degrees from when it had once been bright and sunny before; and yet, even through all that, you can feel the hairs on the nape of your neck stand up.

Man. It must be a disaster if even your body is reacting to this.

You take another sip of red tea calmly, as you wondered if one of the stronger demons returned from the dead. I mean, it was certainly a possibility, considering how Macaque got scaringly lucky and came back from the Underworld like it was nothing...

Well, you glance over at Jiangxue, whose attention was fully enraptured by the Nintendo Switch in front of him, it might be ripe time to check out what villain the Harbinger is dealing with this time.

You set down your cup, reaching over to tap on Jiangxue's hand — until you freeze when a mini earthquake rocks the ground beneath you, your cup of tea clattering slightly against the small table outside the cafe.

Your ears pick up faint screaming coming from the town centre.

Jiangxue, of course, has set down the Switch by the time the earthquake has passed, looking at you in confusion.

"Uh, Master... That can't be normal, can it? I didn't know Megapolis was prone to natural disasters."

"It isn't." You clear your throat, pushing your seat back and standing up. Jiangxue blinks, before you see a light bulb flicker on in his head — though, not a pleasant one. He deadpans at you.

"Heavens, it's Monster-Of-The-Week time again, isn't it?"

You chuckle, shaking your head at the ridiculous name he referred your adventures to.

"You've been hanging out too frequently with Mei, Xue'er. However, you're correct. Let's go check it out before something worse happens."

He makes a disgruntled face, but returns a small nod nonetheless.