第七章 ─ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕

────────── ✦ ──────────

第七章 // 𝗖𝗛. 𝟳 」

"The Main Character."

────────── ✦ ──────────

Stop holding back!

Stop trying to be nice!

Your first strike should be your last strike!

Every time you attack, give it everything you've got!

Other people are going to tell you to be patient...

—Patience, and focus! Step into the strike.

They... are slowing you down.

"Concentrate, MK." Your soothing voice awakens MK from the voices resonating throughout his mind.

He blinks open his eyes wearily, barely realising he was biting his bottom lip in anxiety. A short glance is sneaked at you, before he quickly turned his head back, beginning to rock back and forth almost subconsciously from where he was sitting cross-legged on the floor.

"Is something bothering you?" You question softly, still floating in mid-air, hands on your lap in a meditation position.

MK freezes. He's unsure whether if you could see him through closed eyelids, still rather unused to your sharpened sense of awareness.

"Yes, actually— I... I'm not sure if I'm good enough."

Silence.

"You've always been good enough, MK. You underestimate yourself."

He laughs nervously.

"It's barely been a year since you received that staff. You can't expect yourself to progress like Monkey King— He's been trained decades before stealing it."

"But... But Monkey King is retired. If I don't train hard enough, if I don't train fast enough— I can't protect this city!" You sigh at his worried protests, your eyes remaining closed as you reassure him.

"There's no rush. You have me with you, no?"

MK stops for a brief second from clutching and pulling his hair out in nervousness. His heart thumps faster.

He opens his mouth to say something, but not a single sound leaves. His mouth quickly seals shut again, feeling a hot flush creeping onto his cheeks and ears.