2 The Marriage Plans

I wanted to believe my brother was wrong but my parents were more eager to prove me wrong.

I was wrong about them. They had changed colour when they claimed to have found a good relation for me.

They did not want to let the guy slip away from the hand. So they promised that family to marry me to their son.

They broke the promise they made to me and I got mad at them. So I decided to go on a strike.

My parents tried to coax me with sweet talking. But I decided not to give in to their demands easily.

My brother supported me behind our parents back like raising his hands and gesturing not to give in to them.

"Radhu I know that you want to make a living for yourself before marrying but child they are such a good relation. We may not be lucky to stumble upon people like them in the future. Trust your parents child, we are doing this for your own good." My mother told me in her most sweetest voice.

I tried my best to not to fall for their honey traps. But as each day passed I felt my resolve crumbling.

My father got serious, he came into my room to talk to me alone.

He sat beside me taking my hand into his, he told me " child, do you think your parents are selfish and can't see their daughter's heart. We love you both equally."

"Dad what are you trying to say" I cut in his speech.

"Don't talk, hear me out and then you can decide what to do and we will respect your wish" he said.

I hesitated, whatever he would say will make me weak. But I also didn't want to be heartless to my father, not hearing him out.

So I nodded my head. He smiled at me and continued. "I am a father and I would want my children to have the best. So trust us on our decision. He will take care of you. For me there's nothing more to ask for, than my daughter's happiness"

I don't know what to do. My parents have successfully warmed up to me. For them I am willing to give this relationship a chance.

Before I knew it I found myself nodding my head at this marriage proposal. My parents brought me his photo for me to take a look at my husband-to-be.

But I decided not to. I wanted to know what is so special about my future husband but still I found it hard in my heart to accept this sudden change in my life.