5 My Happily Everafter

The door slowly slid open. I can feel my hands sweating. I rubbed them on my dress.

He came inside closing the door. His face was not visible due to the poor lighting in the room.

He walked towards the bed and sat down near me. It was the first time I was seeing my husband.

He looked dashing sitting there and watching me. I never thought a person can be as handsome as his name.

His name Hrithik Singhania was also mine from today.

In my life I had never felt awkward to this extent as I did now sitting there, not knowing what to say.

I lowered my head and looked at my toe unable to meet his eyes.

"I don't think you were a quiet girl," he began.

"How can you say that when you don't know me." I retorted facing him.

He merely laughed at my remark.

"What" I asked him.
"Who said I don't know you," his reply confused me. I have never met him before today.

He smiled at my clueless face.
"We went to the same college," he said as if trying to jog my memory.

Realising his failure in trying to make me recall the past, he gave up being mysterious.

"I was in my finals when you came as a fresher." I nodded my head acknowledging his words.

"What, have you never seen me?" He asked me seeing my nonchalance.

I slowly shook my head at his question. 'What was he implying was I supposed to know him.'

"How is that possible, girls die for me back then. And you are saying you have never met me." I rolled my eyes at him.

'What a narcissistic guy.' I thought in my mind.

"I might have met you but it isn't necessary for me to remember all the faces I came across." I told him, my tone underlying with sarcasm.

"Yes. That is also true." He replied acknowledging my words.

His hand reached for me and I did not get time to jerk his hand.

"Mrs Singhania let's continue our talk tomorrow. Now let's go to sleep." He said holding my hand softly.

His words scared me. I felt it was too sudden a jump in our relationship.

His Snickering brought me out of my panic.

"What were you thinking about?" He asked me in a teasing manner.

"No-nothing" I stuttered under his mischievous gaze. I can feel my face heating up.

He slowly moved his face closer to me. I closed my eyes unknowingly. He kissed my forehead and I felt his hot breath moving towards my ear.

"I will not do anything to you without your permission." He whispered into my ears.

I opened my eyes and my gaze fell into his serious ones. At that moment I knew he meant what he said.

I felt relief flooding my whole being. 'This marriage might not be that bad.' I thought in my heart.

I layed down beside him with his hands wrapped around me. I slowly slipped into the dreamland.