7 Searching

I got comfortable with my new life style. But never did I think that all this was to end.

Hrithik, only once did he break his routine for me. He went back to his busy schedule and came home only during the weekends.

There were times when he was not able to make it home even during the weekends. I let it slide thinking he might have gotten busier with work.

This went on for a month. For a month he had never once came home.

We used to call each other in the evening when we were finally free. But during this month of long absence he called me only on the weekends.

He had asked me not to call him unless he does. I got frustrated at this behaviour of his.

Meanwhile I had officially became an employee at a Multinational Company in a nearby city.

The pay was good and the working condition was even better.

I called him to let him know of this news despite his 'don't call me' rule.

His phone rang twice but was not picked up. I dialed him one last time before giving up and this time it went through.

"Radhika didn't I say that I would be busy and not to call me." He sounded serious when he said that.

"I am sorry but -," before I could complete my sentence he hung up saying that he would call me back.

I felt hurt at this behaviour of his. He called me back like he promised but my mood was damned.

I did not attend his call. He rang thrice still I was unresponsive. The phone turned dark after the fourth bell.

The next day I felt bad at my actions. I began to regret my behaviour. If my mother were to know she would hit me calling me stubborn.

She would say women should never upset their husbands. I disregarded her argument but now I felt bad.

It wasn't long since we were wedded and I had already started a cold war with him.

By evening I convinced myself to call him back. I went out into the garden and sat down on the bench.

I took out my phone to call him but a luxurious car came through the gate, stopping near the porch.

Mom wasn't home and I wasn't aquainted with the relatives. I felt awkward at the thought of meeting an unknown person.

But the person who came out of the car surprised me.

"Hrithik I thought you were busy," I asked the man who was now storming in my direction.

In no time he was before me. He pulled me into his embrace and tightly held me there. He nestled his head in the crook of my neck.

His stubble tickled me and I tried to wriggle out of his hold.

"Stop moving." He commanded pulling me even closer. I felt my breath hitch in my throat.

"Don't do that ever again." He said to my neck. I felt terrible for being upset at him.

I slowly pulled back and looked into his eyes. "I am sorry." I replied quiltly.

My respect for my husband increased ten fold. After that incident I was never upset with him.

He too never wronged me again. But then two months later I lost all my contacts with him.

Mom said not to worry. But the situation dragged on for two months. My patience was running out.

His mother didn't have an ounce of worry for her son. She was busy with her work. Whenever I brought up my concern she would dismiss it.

I felt strange. What was going on in my life. I had no idea.

I decided to seek help from my younger brother. He was studying in Mumbai. So it might be easy for him to find Hrithik.

I dailed his number and waited for him to pick up. "Hello sis. What happened." His voice came through the phone.

"Raj I need your help." I told him.
"What do you want me to do?" He asked me.

"I need you to help me find Hrithik." I told him, failing to hide the anxiety in my voice.

"Find him? What do you mean by that." He asked me bewildered at my request.

I told him everything. "Di, Don't worry. I will try my best." He consoled me.

I thanked him and cut the call. I rubbed my face tiredly. 'I hope Raj can find him.'

Two days later Raj called me. The news he brought made me dizzy.

There was no campany by the name 'TS'. Why would Hrithik lie to me. It took me an hour to process everything.

Raj wasn't able to find him in the whole of Mumbai even with the help of his powerful friends.

I decided to seek him out myself. This time I had a lot to ask him. I took leave from the office and packed my things to go to Mumbai.

All this time his mother tried to dissuade me. She had no idea about her son and his business.

I even went to the extend to think whether she was his real mother.

I said my goodbye to my parents and left for the city in search of him.