9 The End

Hrithik came with me back home. Raj stayed back though he wanted to accompany me I didn't let him.

The journey back was silent neither of us saying anything. When we finally reached home it was late. I woke up when I felt someone trying to lift me up.

I pushed him away and got out of the car myself. "Don't put pressure on your wounds." I told him.

He wrapped his hand around mine and took me inside.

Mom came out of her room hearing movement inside the house. Her behaviour surprised me. She was not concerned about her injured son nor did she inquire about his health.

She looked too normal as if a servant welcoming her master. But before I could ponder on this he asked me to go inside and rest.

I was really tired from all those hectic days in Mumbai. I thought of sleeping it out and thinking about matters tomorrow with a fresh mind.

I went to the room and took my clothes from the cupboard to freshen up.

Hrithik came in when I was drying my hair. "I brought your milk." He said as he held out the glass for me.

I don't know why he was obsessed with making me drink it. Milk was something I abhorred. After my marriage the only thing he forced on me was this drink.

Though I resisted at first I eventually gave in. But no matter how much I tried I just couldn't like it.

So I started to sneakily empty the glass out in the sink when he was not there.

And that was exactly what I was planning to do when I took the glass from him. He advised me to drink it and promised I would once I finished drying my hair.

He left saying that he would be back in a minute. The moment he left I emptied the glass and got ready to sleep in.

I woke up in the middle of the night hearing some strange sounds. I switched on the lamp light.

There was no sign of Hrithik. It looked like he did not come to bed. I slept early since I was tired and did not wait for him.

I walked out of my room. There was no sign of anyone in the hall. I went to the kitchen seeing a small spark of light.

The light was coming from outside. Hrithik was talking to someone I did not recognise. The stranger held a gun in his hand.

That moment Hrithik appeared to me as a man I have never known. We had been together for half a year. But he was a stranger to me shrouded in mystery.

I went back to the room and lied down. But I wasn't able to sleep. I closed my eyes and feigned asleep when I heard footsteps.

Hrithik came inside and lied beside me. My back was facing him. I felt him shifting closer to me.

He wrapped his hands around my waist and brought me closer to his chest. I felt safe in his hands and slowly fell asleep.

I woke up later than usual. There was no sign of Hrithik. I went to the kitchen to make tea. I saw the sticky note on the fridge.

Going to the city. Will be back by 7pm.

What is he doing. He should be resting by now. I thought I should talk to him when he returns.

There was no sign of his mother in the house. Looks like everyone is busy except me.

I thought of going to my parents since I had nothing to do here. By the time I came back it was 5 in the evening. Still no sign of anyone.

I took a walk along the garden. A car stopped in front of the gate. Dr Jay walked out of the car surprising me. He came inside the property pushing open the gates.