Thoughts of the Family of Three

After some talks and getting to know each other, Carlisle and Esme finally agreed to Valerie's proposal of adopting Jasper and Rosalie legally under her name. By the time the vampire couple relented and agreed, five years had passed since their initial first meeting.

Valerie happily told Draco and Astoria the great news when she visited them. Scorpius who was 9 years old at this time was excited at the prospect of gaining new "cousins".

Draco and Astoria weren't very concern about being around vampires as the protective wards surrounding their home expelled malicious creatures and they put a warding charm on Scorpius that repelled people of all kinds with malicious and hostile intent towards him and if he was in any danger he would automatically be portkeyed to his bedroom, parents, or his godmother Valerie depending on his wishes.

Draco politely greeted his two blonde godchildren, who were probably way older than him, "Welcome to the family."

Jasper and Rosalie cracked small smiles at the handsome blonde man, "Thank you, uncle Draco." Making the man smile in response as well as Valerie who watched their interaction happily.

Valerie, herself, noticed that she smiled far more often than before. Was it because she had a family? Draco was her family but he had his own personal family, but these two; they were hers! Her children!

Jasper felt happiness and giddiness radiating off his mother, and he couldn't help to smile at the feeling of maternal love.

He was barely 17 when he persuaded his way into the confederate army, he wouldn't say he was desperate for parental love but he wanted it. He wanted this feeling of happiness and proudness that a parent could give to their child, that's why he easily accepted a younger vampire as his mother because he felt her emotions. 

Her easy acceptance of him and Rosalie, the feeling of hope and wanting of a family, and the pure happiness and joy when they were officially adopted under her name.

Like Jasper, Rosalie could tell that the younger vampire was genuine in her desire to adopt them as her children. Before turning into a vampire, Rosalie had vague memories of her biological parents. They weren't the nicest people and they weren't very loving towards her either. Despite being wealthy, beautiful, and an envy of others. She wasn't happy, just a tool for joint business marriage.

After being adopted into the Cullen Coven, she hoped to be close to them but she could feel the biased feelings they had to their first turned vampire Edward. They weren't malicious towards her but she felt a slight alienation towards them every time they sided with Edward.

She had to beg and plead to save her mate while they hesitated, her mate was bleeding out, she understood their reasoning but she felt a slight resentment towards them.

Valerie, everyone knew her story, from her parents protecting and dying for her to her defeat of Voldemort, but not many knew of her childhood because she did not often talk about it. Her childhood was very lonely and empty of any familial love, she was very envious of her cousin Dudley who was showered in his parents' love everyday. 

She always told herself when she grew up, she would find someone who loved her wholeheartedly and that they would have children that they would love and would never have to experience the loneliness of her childhood.

She held her children's hands and stared at them happily grinning and they stared back smiling.

Yes, this was their family now.