Mated to the Red King

***

***

Mated to the Red King

Valerie was basking in the morning sun when her phone went off.

"Hello?". She answered.

"Aunty it's Alice. It's Edward! Bella jumped off a cliff now Edward is trying to expose himself to the Volturi", Alice explained frantically.

"Please meet me at Volterra, Italy! See you later!", she finished before hanging up.

Valerie stared at her phone bewildered before shaking her head. She had important things to do.

Like saving her idiotic nephew.

Seriously who tries to kill themselves after their blood singer dies.

It makes no sense!

They're supposed to die!

Heck Emmett killed both of his blood singers moments after he ran into them.

She knew because both times the Cullens had to hide with her.

Hearing footsteps coming behind her.

"We heard what happened", Jasper told his mom frowning, not liking Edward dragging his mom into danger intentionally or not.

Lillian handed her mom her trusty bag and in return got a grateful look from the said woman.

"I'll be back as soon as possible, enjoy your alone time for now. I have a feeling we'll be needed back in Forks soon. There's blood in the thermos on the counter. Don't worry about me I'll be back probably by tomorrow", she told them, giving them a hug and kiss before slinging her bag over her shoulders.

"Love you!"

"Love you too mom!", they yelled back when Valerie twisted and popped out of view with a loud crack.

Lillian looked up at Jasper who stared back down at her. "So movie marathon?"

Jasper carried Lillian bridal style into their shared bedroom, "yeah movie night".

***

Valerie found herself in an alleyway when she heard a low growl. Turning around she saw a pair of red eyes staring back at her.

Before she could react they pounced. 

***

Alice who was driving her stolen yellow Porsche at a neck breaking speed suddenly had a vision.

A tall vampire was feeding on his meal when he heard a crack. Turning he saw a black haired woman. In her obvious confusion he pounced-

"Alice!" Bella screamed in terror, grabbing the wheel narrowly missing a street sign.