Newfound Mate

***

***

Newfound Mate

"Jasper, No!", Alice screamed when he started to lunge at a bleeding Bella.

Jasper really wanted to listen but his head was clouded by bloodlust.

Then she had a vision.

Alice had told him that his true mate was waiting for him, and that they were never meant to be.

Jasper was left heartbroken.

He felt incompetent. First Maria, now Alice, was he really that undeserving to be truly loved.

With Edward deciding that they should leave Forks for Bella's safety.

While everyone headed to New York minus Edward who fled a day later.

Jasper decided he needed time to think for himself this time. Sharing a look with Rosalie, she raised an eyebrow which he replied with a single nod which she returned.

He knew he needed his mom, after putting up with Alice who constantly apologized to him, he needed to be in a calm environment where Alice's emotions couldn't steamroll over his own.

***

Lillian was brooming the floor the manual way, because her mom told her that relying on her wand constantly would make her lazy.

She hummed a tune Valerie had taught her when they were baking goods for a charity event, when she felt someone enter the wards.

Turning around she came face to face with a rather handsome blonde man.

"Who are you?!"

They both stared at each other unsure what to do, until they stared into each others eyes.

That's when everything changed.

Lillian saw a courageous man behind those broken eyes who seemed to go through hell more than once.

She suddenly felt complete, like she found her other half.

Jasper stared at the other teenager. Every thought and unrequited feelings of Alice vanished. She meant nothing to him, he no longer felt heartbroken.

This girl, this beautiful teen in front of him was all that mattered to him.

He noticed her surprised but pleased feeling radiating off her.

He didn't realize his body automatically moved closer to her until he grasped her hands in his.

Lillian blushed, pleased with the delicacy the blonde was handling her body as if she were made of glass and could break at any moment.

"I'm Lillian", she smiled.

Jasper felt himself fully relaxed in her close presence.

"I'm Jasper", he felt himself smirk watching the short teen blushing a brighter red.

While the two were stuck in their own world, simply staring at each other in the eyes, with delicacy that suited them.

Valerie watched from the upstairs balcony with a wistful smile, happy for her two children but feeling lonely herself.

She quietly wished for her other half too.

"Ahh young love", she sighed loudly making the two teens below jump away from each other mildly embarrassed to be caught by their mom.

"Oh no, don't mind me! Carry on dears!", she shouted softly, giggling out of their view until the two couldn't hear her anymore.

Valerie sat in her bedroom staring at a beaded bracelet, clutching it tightly in her fist. She crushed it kissing her closed fist. And threw it off her balcony into the wind.

"Goodbye...", she whispered with a soft sad smile watching it blow away.

'Fred' she continued watching as the sun settled down.

Lost in her thoughts, she didn't notice a two pair of arms wrap around her.

"It'll get better", they told her. Valerie pulled them close. "Yeah, you're right. It's time for me to move on".

***

Jasper stayed with his mom and getting to know his cute little mate. Occasionally Rosalie and Emmett swung by but the two decided to go on their "honeymoon".

Right now Jasper relaxed against their big black fluffy couch enjoying the feeling of his mate napping on his chest in absolute bliss.

*Click Snap*

Jasper's head shot up at the sound, his mom smiled slyly holding a camera in her hands.

"Really Ma?", Jasper sighed this was like the tenth photo she took of them that day and it was still the afternoon. Nevermind she's been at it since they officially started "dating" a few days after meeting.

Valerie turned her waterworks on, Jasper felt himself falter.

"B-but Jasper baby, this is your true mate! Oh you're growing up so fast!", she exclaimed sobbing dramatically while still taking photos.

Jasper wondered if it was possible for vampires to get headaches because right now he felt like he was getting one.

"Fine... send me those photos later", he reluctantly agreed.

Valerie squealed. "You got it Jas dear! Now carry on cuddling, I got photos to develop!".

Jasper watched his mom prance out of the room dressed up as the Cupid since it was nearing valentines.

He rolled his eyes fondly, he looked down at his mate with gentle eyes as she cuddled with him pulling him closer.

In another room you could find a Cupid giggling over photos.