Family Ties

Warnings: Emotional, kind of sad, but heartwarming I hope

Warnings: Emotional, kind of sad, but heartwarming I hope. Was listening to "Sleeping At Last" while writing this.
***

Bella peered through the blinds watching her new neighbors.

As if she noticed her staring, Valerie turned and smiled at her before heading into the house.

Why her?

Why now?

Bella questioned her life at that very moment.

***

Valerie felt somebody's eyes on her and turned to see it was Bella.

As shallow and plain Bella may be, Valerie couldn't simply put it on a particular reason she disliked the young brunette so much.

Was it because she didn't want Edward to be with someone who wasn't even meant to be with him.

Maybe it's because she simply just didn't like her for no reason, as simple as that.

Or is because at the age of 17, the teenager is so willing to throw her future –her life away for a boy.

So willing to throw her parents love back at their faces. Not caring about the inevitable hurt she would leave behind, because she would move on not looking back. Not caring. How shameful.

Family is everything to Valerie.

Despite not liking young Bella, Valerie didn't out right hate her. She dislike her yes. but hate? No.

In reality, Valerie felt a little bad for the teenager realizing that her infatuation with being with Edward would be shattered because she will be the one who is going to tear them apart, no matter how Edward felt about it right now.

Valerie knew that Edward didn't love her, they were just infatuated with each other, perhaps even a little obsessed with each other for reasons that they couldn't control some what. Such as the thirst for Bella's blood, and the promise of eternal beauty and wealth.

They were simply never meant to be.

***

With all their furniture unloaded into their living room, Lillian thanked and tipped the workers as they drove away.

Meanwhile, Valerie was busy moving the furniture up the stairs and into various rooms.

Once the furniture was distributed between the various rooms, Lillian started to decorate the downstairs rooms while Valerie decorated the upstairs.

Upstairs there were two bedrooms and a master bedroom which had its own bathroom. Another bathroom and a storage closet.

Downstairs was a living room, a dining room, the kitchen with a pantry closet, a closet near the entrance door, and a bathroom.