SIX.

I sighed as I looked at Jade and Divine. "I still couldn't believe that JJ was holding you like that," Divine said. I giggled. 

A few days have gone by and my ankle has fully healed. Now I can go to practice instead of watching them and hyping them up. "Well, I'm not the one who started it and it was on him," I said.

Jade looked at me. "Well, I guess the media is pretty concerned about it," Jade said flatly as she handed me her phone. 

I looked at her phone and read the headline of the article that said; 

"Vikings' New Cheerleader, Desiree Bryn Andrews getting close with Justin Jefferson?"

The first thing I saw on this post was me and JJ when JJ was practically holding me captive and a video of him carrying me around with us having fun. Damn, why does the media always have to ruin things?

My eyes grew wide as I continued scrolling through the article on Jade's phone. "What the fuck why does this always happen?" I yelled.

I started to pace around as my anxiety grew worse. "Hey, Dessi calm down... we know that in the article half of that ain't even true," Jade stated.  I shook my head in disagreement before I spoke.

"I'm just worried about..." I began. Both Divine and Jade raised their eyebrows.

"Talk," Divine demanded. 

I looked at both of them. I guess it was time for me to tell them about the party. 

"So, do y'all remember from the party when we sat with Ja'marr, JJ, and Florence?" I questioned. 

"Yeah, what about it?" They both asked. "Well, It was going good, until Florence was saying things about and accusing me of things when it was JJ doing the 'things' and not me and it made me kinda lose my shit," I explained. 

"I knew there was something about Florence," Divine said. I nodded my hand in agreement. 

"I know she's out to get me 'cause I did nothing to her except talk to her boyfriend since we work on the same team," I explained. 

"Like, I never talked to him, I talked to Florence since she was trying to talk to me about me to stay away from JJ," I say.

Divine shook her head. "I'm not afraid of what she's going to do. I don't wanna deal with her and probably do something to me," I say. 

"Here, Dessi imma go talk to Theria and see if she can help me take down the article," Divine said, running off. 

"I definitely knew the moment she walked into this team back in 2019, that she was going to be trouble. but look we still put up with her shit," Jade said, honestly.