Chapter 4

The day after he and Mrs. Lin broke up on bad terms, Jiang Qingyao came over to apologize.

Ruan Yimian was still ill at that time, and Lu Caimei felt sorry for her son and hated the Jiang family, so she naturally didn't give him a good look, and finally kicked him out with an angry look on her face.

Jiang Qingyao was handsome, but he was not an easy person to get close to. There was always a bit of alienation in his expression, and he was more than polite in his treatment of others, but not very enthusiastic. People in the village did not dare to talk to him.

At that time, he always ran to Ruan's house when he had nothing to do, and his attitude towards Ruan Yimian was very unusual. Lu Caimei guessed that he was attracted to her son.

Every time he comes here, he will bring a lot of food and medicinal materials, which are good things for the body. Although it is in the name of thanking Ruan Yiwen, anyone with a discerning eye can see who those things are for.

Lu Caimei went to the old doctor in the village to ask, and sure enough, Ruan Yimian tasted it very suitable.

A rich man helped Ruan Yimian with farm work every time he came over. When Ruan Yimian cooked, he clumsily helped people light the fire. When Ruan Yimian wanted something, he was more interested in it than his brother.

Gradually, Lu Caimei became less restrained towards him. She secretly felt that this young man was a good person and she treated his brother Mian with care.

Later, Jiang Qingyao expressed his affection for Ruan Yimian and invited a matchmaker to propose marriage.

His love for Ruan Yimian can be seen in the betrothal gift he sent and his attitude towards Ruan's family.

Lu Caimei said to Jiang Qingyao that "the mother-in-law looks at her son-in-law, and the more she looks at her, the happier she becomes." She already regarded him as half a son, but this was the first time she was embarrassed by him.

When Jiang Qingyao was kicked out, Ruan Dexian did not stop him. He wanted to see Ruan Yimian, but they refused.

Jiang Qingyao looked at the faces of the couple and knew that his mother had completely offended the Ruan family this time.

There was quite a commotion when Lin left that day.

Jiang Qingyao had prepared a lot of betrothal gifts. A carriage had to carry the betrothal gifts and people were seated, so it was hard to fit in the carriage. After leaving the gate of Ruan's house, Mrs. Lin instructed Ah Cai to go to the village to inquire about it, and then hire a carriage to come over.

The imperial court did not allow the smuggling of horses. There was no one in Shanliu Village who could afford horses. Ah Cai went there for a long time before finding an ox cart. By the time Ah Cai came back, many sharp-eyed people had already spotted what was on their carriage.

There were no secrets in the village. Mrs. Lin left with a curse. The news that Ms. Lin took back the betrothal gift sent by the Jiang family quickly spread throughout the village.

Everyone was muttering in their hearts, was Ruan Yimian's engagement broken off?

The Ruan family and the Jiang family have very different family backgrounds. Ruan Yimian is also a sick boy. Jiang Qingyao is at the peak of his passion at this age. He doesn't care about this. His parents are not sure. It is normal for the Jiang family to regret it.

Later, Ruan Yiwen went to invite the doctor and was seen. There were rumors in the village that Brother Mian couldn't bear the blow of breaking off the engagement and fell ill.