Chapter 107

The banquet to celebrate Ruan Yiwen's success is scheduled for five days.

The examination will start in March next year, and it will take at least one and a half months to get from Wuyang County to Kyoto. After the first month of the new year, Ruan Yiwen had to set off.

It was early October, and there were only two months left before he had to get married to Lin Qiu. Time was really tight.

The Ruan family made preparations intensively.

Lu Caimei and Ruan Dexian wanted Ruan Yiwen to spend more time studying for his studies, so they only assigned him the task of purchasing betrothal gifts, and the rest of the work was done by his family.

As a soon-to-be newlywed, Lin Qiu didn't have to work. He only had to buy a dowry for himself. His wedding clothes and shoes were sewn for him by Lu Caimei and Yu Peilan.

Ruan Yimian first accompanied his brother to purchase the betrothal gift, and then accompanied Lin Qiu to purchase the dowry.

Huo Aowu was responsible for purchasing the ingredients for the two banquets; Lu Caimei not only had to make the wedding clothes for the two newlyweds, but also had to go to the village to ask for help; Ruan Dexian not only had to send messages to relatives and friends at home, notifying them to come for the wedding banquet, but also had to decorate the house well. Ichiban...

The Ruan family was so busy that Ruan Yimian was afraid that his parents would be tired, so he transferred Rao Qiaoyun and Tao Da out of the rouge workshop and asked them to help prepare two banquets.

Fortunately, everything went smoothly. After learning that Ruan Yiwen was going to hold a wedding banquet, Lu Caimei didn't need to ask, and some villagers came to help.

Five days later, every household in the village sent someone to the flowing water mat, each carrying something. Some are a bag of sugar, some are a basket of eggs, some are a chicken...

For the villagers, these are very grand gifts.

Ruan Yiwen's teachers and friends from the county school also came over. His former classmates admired and envied him, and many wanted to ask him for guidance on their homework, but Ruan Yiwen and his wife stopped him.

The master said that Ruan Yiwen still had to prepare for the examination, and no one was allowed to disturb him, so everyone had to give up.

Naturally, the guests and hosts enjoyed themselves at the banquet.

The smiles on the faces of Lu Caimei and Ruan Dexian never faded. People in the village kept praising them for their good fortune. Their sons and sons-in-law were both promising, and they would soon have a capable new husband. Everyone was envious of them.

Ruan Yimian has now become the most enviable young man in the village. Not only is he capable, but he also has a husband who runs an escort agency to protect him everywhere. Now that his brother has become a master of civil engineering, no one dares to say anything bad about him even if he walks around the village.

Although it was a banquet to celebrate Ruan Yiwen's success, it was different from the lively scene where his parents and younger brothers were so popular, and his own place was a little deserted.

At the banquet, he only had a few drinks with a few teachers and friends. Few people in Shanliu Village dared to drink with him.

Everyone is a lot more reserved now that they see Ruan Yiwen. Even the village chief, Huo Wuye, is more polite to him.

It turns out that although Ruan Yiwen is a scholar, he is also a village man who can fight with the villagers and work in the fields. Although he has a generous temper, there is no sense of distance between him and me.