Chapter 3 - sunrise

Sophie's pov
—————————-
I am woken up the Neteyam lightly shaking me, I groan rubbing my eyes. "Wake up skxwang we are going to miss sunrise with your lazy ass!" He says. I frown. "Get up!!" He says tugging my arms to sit me up in the bunk. I shrug my arms away and rub my eyes. "You look like a mess." He says ruffling my hair. I push his hand away.

"Yea yea now 1. get out so I can get changed and 2. Your not even aloud in the lab and 3. Where is your mask?" His eyes opened wide as he rushed to the sealed door, opening it and running out. I chuckled to myself as I stood up. I walked over to my dresser filled with clothes. Spider has clothes in here but he decides to wear na'vis traditional wear, not me tho I'm afraid to. I decide to wear a deep red top, black  camo cargos, my black puffer jacket and my boots.

I walk into the bathroom to get changed, I look at myself in the mirror and splash water on my face. I would usually analyse my face for hours but today is not one of those days. I quickly brush my curly hair and put it up in a messy high pony tail and rush out of the bathroom to the sealed door. It is still dark outside due to the sun not rising yet, which in my case is good because that means I haven't missed it. I quickly put on my mask and alter the straps before pushing the button to get out. As the doors open o am greeted by neteyam. "Finally, you take forever, now let's go." His big blue hand grabs my smaller one and pulls me along until we reach where the ikrans land. He whistles for his ikran and before we knew it the ikrans screech was heard. Neteyam quickly walked over to get Syuras saddle. She landed before me and extended her neck for me to scratch.

" good morning Syura." I say with a smile and go towards her back scratching it. Neteyam chuckled from behind as he started putting on her saddle. " if I ever got a ikran i would call her squishy and she would be my squishy." I say distracted by petting her. I hear neteyam stifle a laugh and Mount Syura. I look at him and he extends his hand out to me. I grab it and he pulls me up with easy.

"I need to start feeding you more, your as light as a feather." He says as I sit infront of him. I roll my eyes.

"I need to start feeding you less your as heavy as a 'angtisk!" I say with a chuckle. He makes the bond with Syura and He wraps his arms around my waist.

"Rude, but I do want to head back earlier I'm starving already." He says complaining. I giggle. "Ok, now hold on." I quickly hold onto Syuras saddle as she dives off the cave. My stomach drops and my heart races. No matter how many times I do it, it never becomes less thrilling. I squill enjoying the moment as Syura pulls upwards flying towards the top of the hallelujah mountains. Our favourite spot. Syura landed on the mountain just above our camp. Neteyam quickly slides off first before helping me down. I cannot get on and off the ikran because of my height. Neteyam and I have a huge height difference. On earth I would be the average height which is 5'7 which could be considered tall for a girl but neteyam is 8 feet tall, I am up to the middle of his torso which is a bit below his chest. Tall fuck.

Neteyam grabs my waist and carefully helps me down. "Quick the suns about to rise!" I squill and sit down on the mountain. Neteyam smiles and sits down next to me. The cold morning wind causes me to shiver. Even though I have my big puffer jacket on it still hits me. I'm not sure if the colder season is coming in because they don't experience winter like they do on earth or any season. Just sometimes it's cold or really cold, not for them but for humans here, or it's really hot, or just warm. Today it seems cold. I get pulled out of my jt light as neteyam puts his arms around my waist and pulls me closer to his chest. I look up at him with a questioning gaze.

"You looked like you were cold so i tried to help." He says with a gummy smile. I just smiled and shook my head and put my attention back onto the sky. It was cased with beautiful colours of pinks, oranges, yellows and purple. Pandora sunrises are definitely better then earths. As the colours start the fade the sun comes up more. Suddenly a loud growl from under me interrupts my admiring. "What? I told you I was starving I can't help it." He says. Another growl comes from neteyam.

"Well I guess it's time to go back, plus I'm getting pretty hungry to." I said patting his shoulder and standing up. "But before I eat tuk said she needed me for something this morning so I'll go see her then I'll go to the lab."

"No you eat first but do you always have to think out loud." Neteyam says standing up. I look up at him and put my hands on my hips.

"No I just need to help tuk it will be quick! And I don't I was just instructing myself and planning it out loud." I say mumbling at the end. Neteyam frowns.

"No eat first, your little body needs food your too light and skinny! And well that's fine, sky people do things weirdly." He says walking over to Syura giving her a pat on the beak. I groan.

"But it's easier if I quickly help tuk then eat though 'teyam." I complain walking over to him. Suddenly he picks me up by my waist and holds me above him. Before I know it he throws me in the air, I scream as I fall back down, neteyam catching me like I was a feather just floating. He just holds me face to face with him.

"See too light, you eat with me then you can go help tuk. Okay?" I groan nodding. He smiles and puts me on Syura.

"Skxwang." I grumble as he makes the bond with his ikran.

"What was that?" Neteyam said moving towards the cliff edge. I hold on tightly to the saddle.

"I said your a skxwa-" before i can finish syura dives off the edge of the cliff, I hold onto her with all my strength as neteyam isn't holding me, I scream as fear fills my lungs a laugh leaves neteyams mouth, he thinks this is funny? suddenly she pulls up, it's like I just got whip lash and my arms gave out. Making me fall from her saddle. It's like the world slowed down and my stomach dropped. My breathing staggers as my body falls from the sky. Before me I can see neteyam and syura flying as quickly as possible. "NETEYAM!!" I scream as loud as I can my eyes full of tears. I close my eyes for a second and suddenly i hear neteyam yell my name, he reaches forward and grabs my arm. Syura quickly slows down as she comes close to the tree line. Neteyam pulls me close to his chest, one hand on my waist and the other one in holding my head to his chest. I can feel my body physically shaking and I can hear his erratic heart beat and panicked breathes. Syura carefully lands on the ground.

"I'm sorry! I'm so so sorry! I didn't mean for it to happen it was just going to be a harmless joke! I'm so sorry sophie! He says breathless in my ear. I cannot answer my breathing still panicked and all over the place. He pulls my head back and stares into my tearful eyes. His big blue hands moving my hair out of the way of my mask so he can look at me. "Sophie please answer me I'm so sorry, I understand if your mad at me I'm so sorry." He says running his hands through my hair. I release a shakey breathe I didn't know I was holding.

"I'm ok." I say my voice trembling, I feel sick from fear. "Can we just go home now please?" I ask him. He just nods. I turn around and hold onto syuras saddle. Neteyam holding me tightly this time. He tells syura to fly and she does. I must have zoned out because before i knew it we were at the landing pad. Neteyam was already off and extended his hand out to me. I took it and got off. Before neteyam can say a word I rushed over to the science lab. I went past lo'ak, Kiri and spider. They turned back to look at me worry and confusion on there faces, I saw them walk over to neteyam. I continue walking until I reach the lab. I'm not sure why Neteyam dropping me has made me feel this way. I'm not sure weather it's the fact that if he didn't catch me and I would've died or the fact that he was so careless in the first place.I reach the doors and press the button to open up the lab. I sigh and step in as the doors close behind me, I take off my mask and breathe deeply. A shower will fix all my problems. I walk to the bedroom and find it empty, I sigh and slip off my boots and open to doors to the connecting bathroom. It consists of a curtain shower, a sink with 2 small mirrors above 2 basins and a toilet. I quickly take off my clothes and hop into the shower, I close the curtain around me for privacy and run the water. The feeling of its warmth over my body calms me as I finally slip into peace.

——————————
Hi I again not a long chapter but I wasn't quite sure how to end this chapter as I was going to make this chapter different but I was going to save it for the following chapter but I hope you enjoy! Please comment any ideas or just anything! Thank you