Chapter 11 - payakan!

"I wish I'd been there. The ocean blessed you with a gift, brother." Kiri said as we all sat in a circle listening to lo'ak as he talked about his story.

"The tulkun have not returned yet. And anyway, no tulkun is ever alone." Aonung said crouching down against the tree.

"Well this one was. He had a missing fin. Like a stump on the left side." Lo'ak said looking at tsireya.

"Poor tulkun." Tuk added playing with tsireyas hair.

"Payakan." Tsireya said looking worried.

"Paya what now?" I added confused. Neteyam chuckled beside me. I turned to look at him and frowned. "I was only asking." I said crossing my arms and turning back to face tsireya.

"Who's payakan" Kiri asked. Rotxo looked and her and started explaining.

"A young bull who went rogue. He's outcast. Alone. And he had a missing fin." He finished.

"They say he is a killer. Tsireya said grabbing lo'aks hands. lo'ak shook his head. Tsireya nodded. 

"He killed Na'vi, and other tulkun." Aonung added and looked at me. I hate it when he looks at me, especially after he called me cute. I looked away from him and looked at the ground. "Not here but far to the south."

"No, he's no killer." Lo'ak added.

"Lo'ak, you are lucky to be alive." Tsireya said her eyes filled with worry.

"I'm telling you guys!"  Lo'ak said trying to convince tsireya.

"I agree with lo'ak. Payakan saved his life, how could he be a killer." I added and lo'ak looked at me and smiled. Tsireya shook her head.

"He's my friend." Lo'ak said and placed his hand gently on tsireyas arm. Suddenly neteyam stood up.

"My baby bro! The mighty warrior." Neteyam says and squeezes lo'aks shoulders. "Who faced the killer tulkun, and lived to tell about it, huh?" Lo'ak moved his shoulders and pushed neteyams hands off. Lo'ak stood up.

"You guys aren't listening." He said his eyes looking hurt. Tsireya sighed. Lo'ak started to walk if I stood up and went to walk after him but neteyam stopped me grabbing my shoulder gently.

"Neteyam let me talk to him." I said and put my hand on his.

"Fine. But be quick." He said and let go. I smiled and ran after him.

"Lo'ak!" I called as I ran to him. Jesus he walks so fast. As I reached him I grabbed his arm. "Slow down!" I said as we disappeared away from the group. He didn't and I groaned tugging on his arm. He sighed and stopped walking. I let go of his arm and rested my hands on my hips . "Thank you." I said puffing. He didn't look at me but he folded his arms. "Lo'ak I agree with you, but they are just trying to help. They know more about them then we do." I said shaking my head. He sighed.

"No but they don't know him like I do. That's why I have to go see him." Lo'ak said and started walking again. My eyes widen.

"Lo'ak! No I don't think that's a good idea." I said and followed him to the ilu saddles.

"Sophie. Trust me. I'm safe with him." He said and clapped for his ilu. I sighed.