Chapter 4 - quaritch!

"Sophie please can you come with us?" Tuk tugs at my hand's pleading.

"I don't know tuk, you already have spider, kiri snd Lo'ak plus after what happened this morning I'm still not sure." I say looking her in the eyes. It's scary how someone so young is my height.

"Please sophie I really want you to come, plus spider listens to you and lo'ak! Please." I sigh. How can I say no to her adorable face. I smile at her.

"Okay fine! But back before eclipse." I say and she quickly drags me over to kiri, lo'ak and spider. Spider comes over to me and rests his arms in my shoulder using me as a rest. I groan. "Just because your taller doesn't mean anything, neither does that fact that your days older then me because I'm still in charge of you!" I say sticking my tongue out. Spider flicks my head playfully and moves both his hands onto my shoulders, holding them. He slowly pulls me away from the others. He looks at me with concern. I hear the others bickering about not letting tuk come. I smile to myself before focusing on spider.

"Soph, I heard about what happened with neteyam are you okay?" He says. I look down.

"I don't know, I don't really know why I feel this way like I feel like I shouldn't care but I do! And I still feel scared." I look back up at spider. He looks at me with sympathy.

"Sophie, it's ok to care he was being reckless and stupid, you could of died. He was meant to be w looking after you! You need to talk to jake about what happened, have you spoken to neteyam?" He asks. I shake my head.

"I am not talking to jake and right now I'm not talking to neteyam, he meant no harm but still." I say defeated knowing I will forgive him.

"Well if you don't I will, but you will forgive him you always do, your best friends." He says ruffling my hair. "Are you coming with us?" He asks. I nod.

"Yes tuk wants me to come." I say with a smile. He just nods and pulls me along with him back to the group.

"Okay can we go now??" Tuk says.

———————————
I laugh screaming as we run on the vines.

"Go monkey boy!" Kiri says as spider jumps from vine to vine.

"Guys wait up!" Tuk says from behind me. I turn around and grab her hand pulling her along. Eventually we reach the forest ground and tuk pulls me to see a flower. She likes it with her spare hand and the plants anther plays with her fingers. I smile watching her.

"Tuk keep up!" Lo'ak yells from in front. Tuk quickly detaches herself from the flowers and pulls me along with her.

"Okay, okay!" She says, following behind.

"Bro why did you bring her anyway?" Spider says. I f frown from behind tuk.

"She's such a cry baby." Lo'ak stops to turn around and look at tuk. "She's all, I'm telling, your not supposed to go to the battle field, I'll tell mum if you don't let me come!" Lo'ak mimics tuk. Tuk sticks her tongue out in response.

"Don't pick on her lo'ak" I say giving him a glare. I let go of tuks and and start walking. He just rolls his eyes. And turns around jumping up onto another vine.

"Come on!" He waves his arms telling us to follow. Spider and kiri jumps up with ease but lo'ak helps me and tuk up due to our height. "Short asses." He ruffles mine and Tuks hair as he walks off.