Chapter 13 - payakan is not evil!

I spent the next 3 days bonding with the baby tulkun. I have learned his name is no'a.  He is a little cheeky tulkun and thinks he's really funny. I have also somewhat bonded with Ronals tulkun. I had woken up pretty early every morning, earlier than everyone else which is weird for me and I think it's taken a toll on me. Suddenly the tulkun chirping broke me out of my train of thought.

'What is it?' I signed to him. He was still learning to understand but he was a very fast learner. He chirped again, this time I understood as he said it slower.

'Na'vi boy is coming over.' He said in his chirps. I smiled and turned around. I saw neteyam riding his ilu. Soon enough he was right in-front of me.

"So this is where you have been sneaking off to every morning." Neteyam said. I shook my head with a smile.

"I am not sneaking, I'm just waking up early and leaving." I said bringing my attention to no'a. I began stroking his head and he chirped happily.

"Have you bonded with him?" Neteyam asked. I sighed.

"I'm not sure neteyam because I don't have a connection to na'vi creatures like you do. But I feel like we have." I said with a smile and no'a chirped agreeing. Neteyam sighed.

"You can't stay with him all day today soph, they are leaving to go hunting soon, and we have training with tsireya. We should leave now." Neteyam said. I frowned sighing. I slid off no'as fin and moved to his side. I hugged him around his eye as he was too big but I still wanted him to see me.

"Be safe, okay? I'll see you when you get back." I whispered to him. He chirped sadly at my leave. Neteyam extended a hand to help me onto his ilu. I took it gratefully and slid on behind him. I took one last glance back at no'a before he dove down. I wrapped my arms around neteyams middle and rested my head on his back. The ride was so relaxing it made me tired. A yawn escaped my lips and neteyam chuckled.

"Oh so now you want to sleep huh?" Neteyam said from Infront of me. I hit his back lightly.

"Shut up, I just wanted to see him. You know how long I've wanted to meet Tulkun." I said snuggling into his back muscles. I could feel him laugh as he sighed.

"I know, I know but still you need to sleep skxwang." He said as he slightly turned around making me sit up. Our eyes locked for what seemed like ages before I broke it looking down at the ocean. The sound of the tulkun leavibg made me feel some sort of worry and sadness as I could hear their chirps in the distance. "Don't worry. He will be okay."

———————

I yawned from behind lo'ak as we made our way to Payakan. We left training early to go meet him, Lo'ak asked me to go with him as Payakan had been asking where I was. He's so sweet. Suddenly lo'ak slid off the ilu and into the water snapping me out of my thoughts. I felt the water move around me before Payakan emerged a smile crept up onto my face. His eye faced me as he chirped happily.

"I'm glad to see you to." I said and slid off lo'aks ilu and swam over to payakans fin. Suddenly lo'ak looked sad.

"I know how you feel. I feel all alone to." He said signing to the tulkun. I frowned looking at him. What kind of conversation did they have before this, I feel as so I need to be filled in on something. Lo'ak wiped the water from his face. "Tell me. Why are you outcast?" He asked signing again. I gently moved my palm up and down the Tulkun fin as a look of sadness appeared in his eyes. Suddenly the tulkun dove under and lo'ak followed. What on pandora is going on.