Chapter 5 - the decision

Kiri, lo'ak tuk and I crouch behind the silly's tent. This is an often occurrence as we always spy on the adults convocation. Tuk and I peek under as we are the smallest and can actually see under the tent through the gap.

"This thing. This quaritch. Whatever he is.." my hearing is cut off when I hear neteyam.

"What's going on?" He says. Kiri shushes him quietly. I feel him crouch down beside me listening.

"He can walk right in here. He can walk ryder under Eywas nose." Jake says arguing.

"This is our family, our home." Neytiri argues back but is quickly cut off.

"This is about our family! This is about our little ones." Jake argues.

"I cannot. You cannot ask this." Neytiri says with anger in her voice as she walks over and grabs something that I cannot make out. "I cannot leave my people. I will not." She says crouching down and putting what she's holding with other things.

"He's hunting us." Jake chimes in. "He's targeting our family." He is quickly cut
Off by neytiri.

"You cannot ask this!" She says with anger. "The children. Everything they've ever known. The forest. This is our home!" She says.

"He had our children. He had 'em under his knife!" Jake says with pain in his voice. From what I could see neytiri looked upset. She sighs and walks over and grabs her bow.

"My father gave me his bow, as he laid dying!" She said her voice breaking. "And he said protect the people! Your toruk makto!" She yelled upset.

"This will protect the people! Quaritch has spider. That kid knows everything! He knows our whole operation, he can lead them right in here." As he said that I felt my heart sink. I looked up and neteyam and lo'ak were already looking at me. I quickly looked back down as they started talking again. "If the people harbour us, they will die." He takes a deep breath. "Do you understand?" He says. Neytiri dosnt answer and takes a deep shaky breath. "Look, I got nothing. I got no plan...but I can protect this family. That I can do." Jake says and steps towards his mate. Neytiri sighs and looks upset. Jake puts his hands on neytiris shoulders. "But I know one thing." He says as neytiri starts to cry. "Wherever we go. This family is our fortress." Neytiri just nods and Jake pulls her into his embrace.

"What will we do about sophie. We cannot just abandon her here and neteyam will not leave without her." Neytiri says. Jake sighs.

"Your right we cannot leave her and neteyam will probably refuse to leave without her and I don't want to leave her. We need to bring her with us. Wherever we go we can convince them that she is one of us." He pulls out of the embrace and holds neytiris shoulders again.

"That will not work. You cannot convince other na'vi clans that she is not one of the sky people. They will only see her as a demon. And how will she survive jake. She cannot breathe our air. What happens if we run out of masks for her, then what happens? Or if she gets sick? What if another clan will not accept us because of her?" Neytiri says panicked. Again my heart clenches, and I feel my eyes well up. Suddenly I feel a big hand on my back.

"We can work it out, if she gets sick or needs masks we can radio norm, she will be okay neytiri, we will all be okay." Jake says reassuring her and pulling her into an embrace again as silent tears roll down her face. I sigh and sit up moving away from the tents gap. Neteyam sits beside me, I lean my head over and rest it on his arm as I cannot reach his shoulders.