Chapter 9 - learning

Tsireya has been teaching me how to swim for about a few hours now. I've gotten the basics of it now which means I won't drown but it is very tiring I am exhausted. "Well done! You can swim now!" She says clapping excitedly. I really like Tsireya, she is so nice and kind and I think lo'ak has a thing for her. I smiled at her.

"Thank you for teaching me, I'm not that great but I'll improve." I said with a smile. Then I had a spontaneous thought. "can I ask you a question." I said, she raised a non existent eyebrow at me.

"Yes of course." She said calmly.

"Well I was just wondering why your so nice to me, because well I'm a "demon." I said using  my fingers as quotation marks. "Because we'll you know, your brother and his friend really don't like me because of it so I was just wondering why you don't treat me like them." I said looking at me. I could see the sadness in her eyes.

"Well because I don't think it's fair for people to look at you and instantly think your bad or evil when they don't even know you. So I wanted to get to know you before I made up my mind and I think that you are a nice, sweet and funny person and I would love to be friends." A huge smile plastered onto my face.

"Yes I would really like tha-" my words are cut off as a hand tugs my foot and drags me underwater. Thankfully for my mask I can still breathe. I turned around and saw lo'ak. I frowned and lunged at him swimming quickly. I grabbed his torso and his hand ripped off my foot. We tackled underwater both of us play fighting. It is something we often did except he is more careful with me because Jake tells him off. We rolled around pushing each other, until l suddenly lo'ak grabbed me holding me away from him. He signalled up. Oh that's right I forgot he cannot breathe. I quickly swims up grabbing my hand. As soon as he breaks the surface he gasps for air and I just pant from being tired. "I won!" I said throwing my hands in the air. He just grumbled pushing me. I rolled my eyes turning around and neteyam, tuk, Aonung, rotxo and Tsireya were all talking. 

"Come on let's go." Lo'ak said from behind me. I started swimming but he was already past me. Fuck I'm slow. I dove back down underwater. It's so beautiful. All of the animals and plants, I could stay down here forever. I looked up and I was right ubder neteyam, there was a huge gap between him and the metkayina kids.  I quickly swam up infront of him. As I emerged I shouted.

"BOO!!" I said and threw my hands up. His eyes widened and he blocked his face with his arms.

"You little skxwang." He said grabbing me and wrapping his arms around mine so I couldn't use them.

"Hey! Let me go you Smurf." His mouth gapped open which was then replaced by a smirk. Suddenly his hands mobbed to my waist and he started tickling me. I started laughing so hard my lungs hurt.  "S..stop!!! I- hurts!!" I said being unable to talk properly due to the laughter. He then stopped.

"So Hì'i syaksyuk can swim?" He said with a smile. I smiled back at him.

"Yes, not very well yet but I'll get eventually."  I said with a shrug as i kept myself a float.

"Well I think we are ready for the ilu." Aonung says looking at everyone. Tuk leaves lo'ak and Tsireya and swims over to us. She climbs on top of neteyam. Neteyam holds her tightly.

"Unfortunately the demon cannot join us. How sad." Aonung says suddenly swimming forward Infront of me. I raised an eyebrow.