✧5: a somewhat peaceful encounter✧

"Hold up. There's what in the backyard?" You had called Kai as soon as you registered that, yes, you were indeed seeing what you thought you saw.

"Skeletons." You spoke with a bit of uncertainty, as you still couldn't quite believe it yourself. "I think nine total. All versions of Sans."

"...who? Dude, you sure this isn't one of your sleep-drunk fever dreams?"

A flurry of red bones whooshed across the field, impaling themselves into the ground a bit too close to the sliding door. You take a minute to stare at them before replying. "Honestly, no."

Looking back out onto the field, you could finally make out the two skeletons fighting, Ink and Error. They were really going at it, Error shouting something at the guardian you couldn't make out. Swap tried to step in and calm them down to no avail, nearly getting impaled by a stray attack. The rest just stood away and watched.

From what you could see through the chaos, Dust and Horror were talking to each other while counting pieces of something in their hands. Fell had an irritated scowl on his face. Sans wore his trademark lazy grin, sitting on the ground next to Cross...who seemed unconscious for some reason. And Lust had an expression of worry. Various ink puddles and blue string that didn't hit their target were scattered in the grass, as well as gaster blasters firing in all directions.

You started to slowly back away from the scene with mixed feelings about the whole situation. One part of you was screeching in excitement because some of your favorite characters in media were standing right in front of you. But the other more logical part of you was panicking cause of that exact reason. 'This has to be a dream,' You keep telling yourself. 'there's no way that this is actually happening to me.'  And yet the destruction outside proved otherwise.

You take another step back when Ink moves toward your window, with one of Error's blasters aimed in his direction. It fires, and Ink manages to get away before it hits him. Your house isn't so lucky. You move away in time before part of your wall is beamed to bits in front of you, leaving behind a smoldering mess. You stared at the smoking pieces of plaster and your possessions that had been reduced to ash. You could feel the heat radiating off the damage from the blaster. More confirmation that this was not a dream.

"What was that?!" Kai's distressed yell came back over the phone. Oh yeah, you still had him on the line. You hold up your phone to explain when you realize that now all the skeletons(except for the two fighting)have their eyelights fixed on you. Crap. So much for staying hidden.

"Well, now I've been spotted. Gotta go."

"Wait what-" You quickly press the end call button and bolt upstairs, not bothering to see if they've started to run after you. You feel kind of bad about hanging up on him like that, but right now it really couldn't matter less. You first go to your room and hide every last bit of Undertale merch you have, including hiding the game folder on your computer. If they do end up looking through here before catching you, the last thing you wanna explain at that moment is why they're not real.

Then you scramble under your bed just as you hear footsteps. You try and make yourself as small as possible and just lie there, being careful not to make a sound. The shadows should keep you hidden if you don't move a muscle. You know you can't stay here forever, but at least this would be good for now. It also lets the reality that you will probably die today set in.

Wait, no, now's not the time for such morbid thoughts. What you need to do right now is figure out what to do next. First things first, you have to figure out which ones you can reason with. If you convince one of them not to kill you, maybe they'll be able to convince the others. This is the one time your knowledge of the AUs comes in handy for something.