✧6 and a half: meanwhile, in their universe...✧

The scanner let out a low hum as it was turned on, processing the large, black mass placed on it. It headbutted the glass container it was trapped inside repeatedly trying to break out. Alphys sat a few feet away, small fingers flying across her keyboard as she input some calculations. The metal restraints holding the container down were doing their job, but the sheer amount of force the thing was using made the scientist wonder how much longer they could last.

The lab door whooshed open and in walked Papyrus, Undyne, and Frisk carrying more globs of black, walking over to the scanner and dropping the mass in through a small window. The black mass tried to use the opportunity and jumped up at the slot only for it to smack into the glass as Undyne quickly shut it.

"So Alphys, you figure out what this thing is yet?" Undyne wiped her hands off on her top before propping her arms onto the back of Alphys's chair. Frisk attempted to copy her but couldn't reach, so they settled for leaning against Alphys's desk.

Alphys looked behind her before burying her face in her hands in exasperation. "I've t-tried. But every time I do that t-thing just keeps thrashing around. The scanner doesn't p-proccess the shaking containment unit." Undyne walks over to the scanner and holds it down. "Hah, not a problem. I'll jus-woah."

As soon as Undyne touches the jar the black mass starts headbutting the container even harder, to the point where the container starts tilting slightly with each hit. Undyne shifts her hands to the top of the container and leans down. "Okay, a little stronger than I thought. Come here and give me a hand, will ya Pap?" Papyrus walks over and wraps his hands around the jar and the two manage to make the container still, with a noticeable expression of strain on their faces from keeping the thing down.

Alphys goes back to typing something on her computer. "G-Great, now just stay like t-that for a minute and let me t-try again." She presses the enter key and several laser beams flash on. They move over the container, bathing Undyne and Papyrus's faces in a white glow as they work. The lasers scan for a few minutes as a progress bar slowly fills up on Alphys's computer screen.

The scan is almost done, with just a sliver left to fill the bar until Papyrus speaks up. "WOWIE! THE BLOB REALLY MUST WANT TO LEAVE, IT'S LIKE I CAN FEEL THE GLASS BREAKING WITH HOW HARD IT'S TRYING!" He looks down at the container to see that, indeed, cracks are starting to form where the black mass had been repeatedly hitting it. The skeleton's smile turned worried. "OH, WAIT..." Undyne sees the cracks and her eye widens. "Damn it! Ngh, just stay down!" The two try even harder to keep the black mass at bay but it's no use. The metal restraints bend and strain until the screws finally pop out.

The black mass hits the container one last time to send it flying out of Undyne and Papyrus's grip and shatter on the lab tile. The black mass zooms away as soon as it touches the ground, the wind coming from that causing the careful tower of papers on Alphys's desk to go flying. Alphys jumps up from her seat and runs after it, looking over at Frisk for help. "Come on, g-grab it! I--we need every last bit of data on that thing!" Frisk immediately runs in front of the lab entrance and tries to block the mass from escaping, Undyne and Papyrus joining them as the black mass moves side to side trying to get around the three of them.

The black mass responded to this by promptly leaping at Frisk's face, causing them to let out a muffled scream as they tried to pry it off. Undyne immediately grabs the mass and helps Frisk by tugging at it with them, Papyrus holding on to Undyne's waist to pull with her. The creature let go of Frisk's face just as Papyrus and Undyne's backs were to the lab entrance, and that caused the duo to topple over at the sudden lack of resistance.

Undyne's hand still holding onto the mass let go when she hit the floor, causing it to be launched straight to the door, the whoosh signifying its opening as it sped out. Alphys ran outside after it, looking all around the outside of the lab to see if there was any trace of the mass. There was nothing.

Papyrus got up and walked over to the lizard, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. "DON'T WORRY ALPHYS, WE'LL JUST GO OUT AND RETRIEVE IT FOR YOU AGAIN! I CERTAINLY WOULDN'T MIND." Alphys shook her head. "No...y-you don't have to. I'm sure I've gotten enough data a-anyways." Undyne pushes herself up off the floor and walks back over to the computer. "Well come on then. Let's find out what this thing is already! All that searching better not have been for nothing."

They all gather around the computer as Alphys sits back in her chair, canceling the completion of the scan and moving her cursor over to the 'Show Results' button on the screen. "Let's see...t-the results say that it has no discernable mass or w-weight, and no soul was detected either. It's like it wasn't even really t-there at all." She types something else and more stats pull up. Every single one says NO DATA FOUND except the last one.

SPECIES: NO DATA FOUND

MAGIC LV: NO DATA FOUND

ORIGIN: M-20456377