02 - Make yourself at home

KIJANI

KIJANI

🎶Bad Habit - Steve Lacy 🎶

" Kijah wake up! "

My mom entered my room and opened the shutters.

" Today is the day. ", she said cheerfully.

" Please stop mom ! I'm already so pissed to go there. I couldn't even sleep. ", I replied, burying my face in my pillow.

She sat on my bed.

" Look, I know this is difficult for You b- ".

I stopped her right away.

" Oh really ? Then let me stay here for the summer. "

She remained silent. I knew it. I just got out of my bed without saying a word.

After a quick shower, I put on a simple grey shirt with a pajama pants and I went to have breakfast. My mom cooked for at least 6 people. What is going on ? I went to see her. She was near the front door.

" Mom ! Why did You cook So much ? Even for me It's too much. ", I complained.

" Oh really ? I thought You could finish it. ", She said while laughing at me.

" Seriously ? "

I was already pissed So I did not have that much patience. I wanted to argue with her when she received a text on her phone. When she read it, she smiled automatically and looked at me.

" What ? Who was it ? ", I asked curiously.

#🎶I had barely approached her to read her text when she opened the door suddenly.

" SURRRPRISEEEE ", yelled a group of people that I recognized right away.

" What the heck ! You scared the hell out of me ! ", I shouted.

" That was the plan You idiot ! ", said a beautiful Black girl with long braids.

She entered our appartement and jumped on me for a hug. I received her with the same enthusiasm. Her name was Léonie Joseph. She is a French Caribbean girl who knows everything about me.

" What are You doing here ? ", I asked.

" You thought You can just go without us knowing ? ", said my favorite Asian man.

He entered the appartement with the two remaining people .

" Move ! ", he told Léonie before pushing her aside to give me a hug.

The guy hugging me is Cédric Tran, a French and Vietnamese boy who can read me like an open book. I have known him and Léonie since kindergarden. They are like my brother and sister.

" A hug ? without me ? ", complained a boy with dark Brown hair in the back before he jumped on us.

" Come on Dorian ! We almost fell on the floor ! ", Cédric scolded him.