Chapter Five: The Proposal

Wyatt's Pov

I smiled at myself as I looked at the mirror that was in mine and Malia's bedroom

The guys and I were back at our house after I finally managed to find the perfect ring for Malia.

When we arrived Emily had fallen asleep and I put her in her room so she could rest while the guys and I were getting everything.

Zed had told me that he and the others would get everything ready and that I had to get in the shower and get myself ready.

I was hesitant, mainly because I wanted to make sure that everything in the backyard was set up nicely, but in the end gave in and left to do as told.

Now, here I am, all dressed and ready.

But at the same time I am nervous.

My palms are sweating like hell and I can't help but worry that maybe today won't go as planned.

What if Malia says no?

What if she's not ready to get married?

What if she wants to wait until much later because we're still young?

What if...

"If you don't doubting yourself right now I will smack you upside the head".

Startled, I turned around and saw Zed standing at the door with an exasperated look on his face.

"Is everything ready? Please tell me it's all ready and perfect" I asked.

Zed sighed and shook his head before walking towards me.

"Wyatt, bud, relax. Everything is set up and I can assure you that it's perfect. Just the way you want it to be" Zed told me.

I breathed out a sigh of relief at that and felt myself relaxing slightly.

"Thank god. Nothing can go wrong today. It needs to be..." I trailed off.

"Perfect. Yes, I know. You've only said that a million times" Zed sarcastically smiled.

I scoffed, "don't act like you weren't the same when you proposed to Addison".

If anything he was just like me so he really has no right to be annoyed at me.

Especially when I want everything to be ready for my queen when she arrives.

It has to be perfect. 100%.

Zed huffed but said nothing since he knew I was right. Which I normally always was.

"Did the girls say when they were coming back?" I asked.

"Addison texted me a few minutes ago and she said they will be here in 20 minutes" Zed told me.

I nodded and looked back at myself in the mirror.