043. all in

Taz was already kissing Zoe before she had even fully unlocked the door, her fingers scrambling with her keys until the door finally swung open and she stumbled through

Taz was already kissing Zoe before she had even fully unlocked the door, her fingers scrambling with her keys until the door finally swung open and she stumbled through. Zoe had one hand twisted in the front of Taz's shirt to pull him with her as she walked backwards, as if Taz's feet weren't following her of their own accord, as if there was anywhere in the world that he would rather be.

Taz faintly heard the sound of Zoe throwing her keys somewhere in the apartment, but he didn't care enough to look where she had thrown them. Taz's attention was already far too consumed by Zoe, by the desperation in her kiss as her tongue explored his mouth. Taz was so consumed by her that he didn't even think of Palkia until something rubbed against his calf.

Zoe made an annoyed little noise in the back of her throat as she broke the kiss, twisting her head so that she could look down at Palkia. The dog wagged her tail eagerly as soon as Zoe's eyes fell on her, tongue lolling out of her mouth happily. Taz almost felt bad when Zoe pointed to the crate set up in one corner of the living room and told Palkia to go to it, but the feeling quickly dissipated when Palkia retreated to the crate and Zoe took Taz's hand to lead him to the bedroom.

"Are you impatient or something?" Taz joked once the bedroom door had clicked shut behind him, sitting down on the edge of the bed so that he could take off his shoes and socks.

Zoe tilted her head to the side, a smile tugging at the corners of her mouth as she kicked off the strappy sandals she'd slipped on that morning. Once the sandals were kicked into one corner of the room, Zoe turned to draw the curtains across and Taz's gaze dropped to watch the skirt of Zoe's dress sashay across the backs of her thighs.

"You can't talk. You've been on edge for days," Zoe said, turning to face Taz after having tugged the curtains across, dulling the light in the bedroom.

"Yeah? What proof do you have?" Taz asked, but Zoe said nothing. Instead, her smile twisted into something more akin to a smirk and she lifted her hands to the front of her dress, where the buttons that ran all the way down the front of the dress started. Zoe was walking back towards Taz as she undid the first button, but her steps were so leisurely and slow that the second that Zoe was within his reach, Taz reached out to pull her back towards him.

"I want to do that," Taz said, batting Zoe's hands away from her dress so that he could replace them with his own. Zoe laughed as she moved to stand between Taz's knees, resting her hands on his shoulders. Zoe had managed to get three of the dress's buttons undone before Taz had interrupted her, exposing just enough of Zoe's chest that he could see a faint sliver of pale pink lace hidden beneath.

Zoe's breathing grew heavy as Taz took over where she'd stopped, his fingers carefully undoing each button. Given his general sense of eagerness, Zoe had expected Taz to rush through getting her clothes off as quickly as possible. If anything, he slowed down, allowing her to watch his eyes become more and more molten with every new inch of skin that was revealed.