Alone

Edward

I ease Bella onto the bed after drying off and ask for a moment. She nods sweetly, a light blush along the tops of her cheeks to her chest. Is it from our shower or the fact that I'm walking around naked while lighting candles? Under my breath, I ask my family for privacy, and they leave, along with Adam.

Jasper can't remain anywhere near Bella as I bite her. Even a hint of blood will cause a frenzy within him. Adam, though he claims to be from our future, I don't know if he can control his bloodlust, either.

I'm not willing to take the risk; thankfully, my family and Adam understand my need to protect Bella at all costs.

Only my father will remain close in case I struggle with my hunger.

I notice Bella's confusion. "What is it?"

"Did everyone leave?" She shakes her head. "I don't know how, but I no longer sense them."

"Interesting." Something in my tone makes her smile. It's quite clear I have other things on my mind at the moment.

Only her.

She opens her arms wide, inviting me to hold her. Touch her, love her.

My gentlemanly attempt to keep my gaze on her sweet face and linger on her reddish-brown eyes is a struggle. However, it proves futile when she giggles as if she realizes what I'm trying to do, and there's no stopping the man in me from looking down.

The effect of her laughter causes her body to move in enticing ways.

I groan, placing my knee on the bed beside her body. My hands skim up her calves, and I smile at the slight shiver moving through her. "Is my skin too cold for you?" Strange, if that's the case; though, she's warmer than I am, she's at least five degrees cooler than normal.

"No." The gentle roll of her hips draws my gaze from her beauty once again. "You feel perfect on my heated skin."

Her hand curls around the back of my neck; her kiss is not as gentle, but still erotically sweet. I get lost in the pleasure of her warmth and taste, grunting when suddenly, she finds the strength to pull my body against hers. It elicits another moan as the skin-to-skin contact forces me to pull back, ensure her safety.

Her eyes, full of desire, love, and acceptance, are my undoing. I groan into our next kiss, tracing my tongue along her lips, memorizing them until she's panting and begging for more. The invitation to deepen the connection I cannot ignore, and a sound that is more growl than moan erupts from me at the fiery touch of her tongue touching mine.

It's all the encouragement she needs, her hands wandering from my shoulders to tug on my hair.

The slight vibration between our bodies comes from me, the shiver moving through every nerve of my body, the sensitivity of them outstanding and overwhelming.

My mouth slips away from hers, a whimper of protest filters through her parted lips. She senses my smile against her cheek, earning a cute little scowl, which quickly morphs to pleasure when I suck on the spot behind her ear.

A litany of whispered words of her love for me fills the air around us as I continue my exploration of her body with my lips and tongue.

Determination not only to provide her what she wants but what she needs ignites my desire more. My hands skim across soft, warm skin, and across a constellation of freckles along her torso and shoulders. It prompts a thorough investigation with my tongue. The transformation will smooth out her skin tone and only the most prominent freckles will remain.

The indentation of her belly button forces me to stop as she giggles at the slightest touch of my fingertips. She's ticklish here, and it makes me laugh. The sound is too sweet for me not to do it again. She writhes and turns away, only to return for more of my teasing touch.