Chapter 2 - Party

I stood in front of my mirror holding 2 dresses in front of me. There was a blue one with stars on it, and a pink one with stripes. I decided to take the pink one. Then I did my makeup, a light blue eyeshadow with some gemstones on. Then I walked downstairs, I took my bike and went to the party. I had the GPS on, because I had no idea where this Sarah girl lived. I searched her last name on insta copied it and boom. It took 15 minutes to get to Sarah's house. It was a big house. "Oh, a rich bitch." I said quietly. The house was full of teenagers getting drunk and probably high. I walked inside and the music swept around me like a layer of heavy smoke. Probably real smoke too. Some guys were sliding down the stairs. Some girls were singing karaoke and screaming into microphone. I just walked past them all. To a punch bowl. I poured myself a cup with it, then someone took it out of my hand. "Hey!" I said. Then I turned and saw that it was Finn.
"Aren't you a little young to drink Linny?" He used my nickname. My real name is Linnéa. I stayed silent.
"Why are you even here Linn?"
I shrugged.
"You know this is a party for older people than you?" I hated when he made me look younger. Like I was a baby. Sure there was 2 years between us, but so what? I'm not 11 years old, I'm 16.
"Hey, Finn. I came because I was bored."
He looked worried.
"Have you been drinking?" I nodded. Even though I haven't.
"Oh, Linny." He shook his head.
"Okay come with me." He took my hand and we walked upstairs. He walked me into someone's bedroom.
"Why did you take me in here?" I looked at him.
"I just don't think you should be downstairs with all those people, you don't know them very well." I felt irritated. I came here to party not to be babysat by the boy I liked.
"So I'm gonna stay up here all night?" He nodded.
"Yep." I rolled my eyes.
"You're kidding right?" He looked at me and rolled his eyes.
"Until you are not drunk, we'll stay up here." I could feel my cheeks heat up.
"I'm not drunk!" I told him. He smiled and looked down.
"Yeah, I'm sure you're not drunk." He laughed at me.
"I'm serious Finneas!" He walked up to me and had his face was right in front of mine. I felt like he was gonna kiss me.
"Linn, we'll stay up here till you're not drunk." I gave up, I knew that Finn was not gonna give in. "Fine." He smiled and looked me up and down.
"You look... nice." He said. Almost sounding shy. I felt nervous when he said that. His head was still right in front of me. I could feel him breathe heavily. He looked right into my eyes. His blue eyes, right into mine. Then he suddenly walked away. He sat down on a chair by a closet. I heard a girl call his name.
"Finneas! Finneas!" I hated that girl already. Finn walked up to the door.
"Stay quiet." He said.
"Oh, you don't wanna talk to your lover?" I said. I regretted it right away. It sounded jealous. Very jealous. Finn looked at me and raised his eyebrows.
"Are you jealous Linny?" He smirked at me. He walked up to me and took my hands.
"You like me don't you?" He laughed. I pushed him away.
"No, I don't!" He laughed.
"I wanna leave." I said.
"Not till you're sober." He looked at me.
"I am sober, Finn. I lied before." I walked to the middle of the room.
"See I can even walk in a straight line." I've seen a woman prove her soberness in a movie that way. I walked one foot across the other till I stood in front of him.
"That's not how it works, Linn." He took another sip.
"So what if I'm drunk." He looked at me.
"It matters because if your brother saw you he would freak out and because I care about you. I don't want you doing something stupid." I always knew Finn cared about me, and would do anything to keep me from bad stuff. I noticed myself staring at him. Then I walked to the window and looked out.
"Finn please?" I begged him. He took my cup and placed it on a drawer and took out his phone. It looked like he texted someone. I wondered who? I can't even see him text and I get jealous, just great Linn. Finn looked at me and walked to open the door.
"I'm driving you home, your brother is going home with some girl anyway." I didn't say anything, I just walked up to him and we left through the door.

When we came out of the house Finn held his hand on my back soft. Gentle. I felt shivers running down my back. The car was parked on grass, there were no other parking spaces apparently. Then he opened my car door and I sat down and put my seatbelt on. Finn came to the other side and sat down.
"You don't have to drive me home, I have my bike here." He didn't look at me.
"It's fine, I didn't wanna be here anyways." He turned the engine on and reversed out on to the road. He turned on some music, Imagine dragons or something. We sat quite the whole ride home. And when we stopped outside he turned the engine off.
"Thanks." I said short. it almost sounded cold.
"Sure." He answered. His answer sounded colder. I unplugged my seatbelt and walked out. When I came to the other side he came out and leaned against the car.
"Goodnight Linny." He smiled.
"Goodnight Finn."

When I came inside I heard him drive off. The house was quiet and I was the only one home. What happened tonight? I walked up the stairs and threw myself on my bed. I thought about Finn till I fell asleep, and even then I continued to dream about him.