Chapter 12 - Grounded heart

Finneas kissed me passionately holding my waist. I kissed him back. We both were crazy about each other.
- I love you.
I said in between our kiss. I could feel him smile.
- I love you too.
He said. We stopped kissing and just looked at each other. Finneas shined from the smile he gave me. I felt so much for this boy. I placed my head on his chest and hugged him. He took his arms around me and we just stood there. Not saying anything. We both knew, we just couldn't explain it. I love this boy, with all my heart.

We went back the others. They hadn't noticed we had been gone. Josh was gone now, and so was that girl Disa. I sat down next to Travis who talked with his friend. When he saw me he said:
- Hey, I wondered where you were?
- Yeah I was calling my mom.
Travis looked at me like he knew something was up. He didn't say anything though. Josh came back with Disa all messy.
- Sorry guys.
He said smirking like he knew that they all were gonna know he had made out with the hottest girl here. Disa pushed him playfully in his arm. I wondered who the girl Josh had gotten to know at the bonfire were. But knowing Josh, she probably wasn't something special to him.

Finneas talked to Siri. She was gorgeous, brown long hair. Big brown eyes, and long eyelashes. She seemed to be a very sweet as a person. Which made it harder for me to not like her. I knew Finn's type, and it was definitely her. Finneas previously girlfriend looked almost like her. I looked nothing like that. Well I have brown eyes.

Siri looked at Finneas like she was interested. In kissing him. It made me feel so mad. I knew Finn would never do anything with her. He loved me. He said so. But I just couldn't shake the feeling away that it would happen something between them.

It was closer to midnight now. The guys that Travis were with had to leave. So that meant that the rest of us felt like leaving to. We said goodbye and talked about meeting up again before the girls left to go back to New York. Josh liked that idea. So did I, I liked them. They were sweet and funny. We gave them a lift to their motel and then we dropped Yasmin off too. When we came home we were all exhausted. Josh were a little drunk and a felt myself being a little bit more intoxicated than I thought I was, too. Mom and dad were asleep. So we had to quietly walk upstairs to our bedrooms. Josh threw himself on his bed and a couple of minutes later you could hear him snoring.

Finneas and I stood outside by my room holding hands. He pulled me in and kissed me. I was drunk so everything felt a little loopy. Finneas smiled and looked at me.
- You're drunk.
I chuckled.
- I thought you always were gonna stay with me whenever I were drunk til I got sober?
I teased him. He looked up and laughed.
- Yeah, I wish I could tonight.
He looked at me. I could feel the drunk Linny come out. I came closer to him and pushed him against the wall behind him. Then I kissed him. I held my arms around his neck and I could feel him getting into it and holding my waist. He breathed heavily. So did I.
- Linny- Not now you're drunk.
I stopped and looked at him. Then I shrugged and tried to kiss him again but he stopped me.
- I think we should go to bed now, you're drunk and probably won't remember any of this tomorrow.
He said trying to not get me upset. I sighed and nodded.
- Alright come here you.
He said and carried me into my room. He put me on my bed and laid the cover over me. I closed my eyes and could feel myself starting to fall asleep. Finn kissed my forehead and then he walked out of my room and closed the door.

The next day I woke up feeling like absolute shit. I opened my eyes and saw a glass of water on my nightstand. I drank all of it right away. Then I sat up holding my hands on my face. I need to eat I thought. I stood up slowly trying not to get dizzy.

I walked into the bathroom and washed my face with cold water. Then I walked downstairs in the clothes from yesterday. My mascara was smudged and the rest of my makeup was dry. I've never felt this way. When I came downstairs I saw my brother laying on the couch and my mom and dad lecturing him about alcohol. When they saw me they sighed and yelled at me too.
- Linny, you 16. You can't drink like this. It's dangerous. What if you ended up in a ditch somewhere.
Dad said. I laughed, the stopped when I saw their disappointment.
- Sorry.
I said short. Not looking at them.
- And Josh, you're supposed to set a good example for your sister.
Mom said.
- Both of you are grounded for 3 days.
Josh and I protested.
- Mom you can't be serious?
Josh said.
- I'm leaving for college soon. I can't be stuck here for 3 days?!
- Yeah, mom. School starts soon for me too. I can't let it go to waste.
I said begging them to not ground us.
- You should've thought about that before you got drunk and may have ended up in a ditch.
Mom said walking away disappointed. Dad looked at us both with folded arms.
- Well guys. I hope you learn from this.
He said walking after mom.

I looked at Josh who looked like he was about to cry. Then he stood up and went after them both. I knew it was no use. Mom was never gonna let us out now that the had grounded us. I'll just make use of this time and catch up on my series and read the book I've been trying to read all summer.

A couple of hours later Finneas came over. But my mom told him that he couldn't stay because of us being grounded. He looked at me and I felt mad now that I couldn't see him for three days. He walked over to me.
- I guess I'll see you in three days.
He said mocking me. He laughed and walked to the front door. I walked after him.
- Don't laugh, aren't you supposed to be very upset that you won't see me for a couple of days.
He shock his head.
- Like you said, it's just a couple of days. I think you can live without me for three days Linny, can't you?
He smiled playfully. I slapped his arm.
- Fine, I guess I'll see you then.
I didn't look at him I just turned around. Then Finneas took my hand and took me to him. He whispered in my ear:
- You know I think this is devastating.
He looked at me. Then he was about to kiss me but pulled away and smirked at me.
- Three days huh? I can handle that.
He said and laughed, I pushed him out the door. I closed it. Could I really handle three days without him?