Chapter 5 - Talking at night

Later that night (2am)

I was lightheaded because of how tired I was. I decided to go down to the kitchen and get a cup of cold chocolate. I tiptoed out of my room and down the stairs. When I came down I saw Finneas sitting there on a bar stool by the kitchen island. The floor creaked when I was in the living room. Finn turned around and saw me.
"Hi Linny." He said with a smirk on his lips. Because I felt light headed I said:
"Hi there Finny handsome." I came into the kitchen and reached for a cup in the cabinet.
"Handsome?" He said. I nodded when I turned around.
"Linny Williams? Do you think I'm handsome?" I just nodded. Then I walked up to the fridge and took the milk out.
"Really?" He said behind me. I didn't answer him. Then I heard him get up from his chair and walk up to me. He held his hand on my shoulder. I couldn't catch my breath. I pretended like nothing was going on and poured the milk in my cup.
"That looks like you?" He pointed at the figure on my cup. it was an ugly fuss, and just like that he ruined the moment that didn't even happen. I turned around and his face was close to mine.
"Am I that ugly?" I asked him, trying not to look him in his eyes. He then put his hand on my waist. I shivered, but showed no emotion or sign that it was effecting me.
"Can I have some?" I looked at him.
"What?" He pointed at my cup.
"Sure." I said and got out of his grip to get another cup. He leaned against the counter and he looked good doing that. He was indeed handsome. Very handsome. He had probably slept bad. Because he had bags under his eyes and he just looked exhausted. The good kind of exhausted. He even looked sexy I'll admit.
"Slept bad?" He looked surprised when I said it.
"What do you mean?" I pointed under my own eyes.
"Oh, yeah. Couldn't sleep." He said short. I nodded and poured milk into his cup.
"I'll do my own, you don't have to." He said.
"It's alright, I'm almost done." Then I twirled the spoon into the cup with chocolate powder on it. I handed him the cup.
"Here you go." I said, smiling at him.. Then I took mine and we went outside. We sat down and Finn took a sip.
"This is good." He said while making a discreet disgusted face.
"You don't have to lie, Finn. I can see it on your face that you don't like it." I laughed. Then he put the cup down and laughed too.
"Sorry. You just use too much cocoa powder."
"Hey! My chocolate is great!" He laughed.
"And who drinks it cold?" I took a sip and looked at him.
"Since I always snuck down stairs and didn't wanna wake up mom while the kitchen fan goes on." I said. We were quite for a couple of minutes and then I asked the stupidest questions I could ever ask:
"So, you have any girl around?" I said. I don't know why I asked that.

I can't see Finn date another dumb girl who makes him their puppy.
"No." He said, shaking his head. I felt releaved.
"Why not?" What am I doing? Asking him about girls while I like him?
"Um because-I guess just because I haven't found one yet." I nodded. We were silent for a while.
"Are you not gonna ask me?"
"Huh?" I rolled my eyes.
"If I have any boy around?" Finn laughed out loud this time. I looked offended at him.
"I'm sorry Linny, it's just that you? A boy?" He shook his head.
"What if I had one? You don't know that." Finn looked at me.
"His name is Caleb." I lied. I wanted to see his reaction. I could see Finn's eyes twitch and then he looked at his hands.
"Caleb?" He asked. Then I throw myself back into the chair pointing with my finger at him. Finn looked confused.
"I'm joking!" I said laughing. Finn sighed and then he started to laugh too.
"I knew you didn't have anyone." I sat up straight again.
"How did you know?"
"I just did." He said short. I wondered how but I dropped the subject and then we just talked about some movie he and Josh saw at the movies a while ago.

The sun started to rise behind the house in front of ours. I checked my phone and it showed 04.28am.
"Wow, it's already morning." I said. But Finn didn't answer. I looked over at him and saw him lying on the coach sleeping. He looked peaceful. Very cute. I stood up and laid a blanket over him and then I sat down in my chair again. I watched him for a while but then I also fell asleep.

When it was later in the morning, 11 or so, I woke up. I had the blanket I put on Finneas tucked around me. But I didn't see Finneas. He had probably gone home. But then I saw him come through the door from the living room with two cups in his hands.
"Good Morning Princess Linny." He gave me the cup and I smelled coffee.
"I made you coffee, just the way you like it." I took a sip.
"Thank you." I said then he sat down on the couch and drank his coffee.
"You still drink black?" I asked him.
"Yes." I made a disgusted face and he laughed.
"You drink baby coffee, milk with coffee taste." He laughed again.
"At Least mine doesn't make my stomach ick." I said.
"Where is Josh?"
"Asleep." I nodded.
"What time is it?" I asked him. My phone had died.
"11.45." he said. I laughed.
"We had a reason to sleep this long, but him?" I laughed.
"Did you guys hook up or something?" I heard Josh say behind me.
"No man, we couldn't sleep." I nodded.
"I was kidding." I looked at Finn but he didn't look at me. We both didn't answer him. But Josh didn't care. He just sat down next to Josh and placed his feet at the coffee table.
"You're gross Josh, you don't have any socks on and you have your feet on the table." I said looking away. Josh lifted them towards me and I stood up and went inside.
"I'll see you guys later when you're not gross."
"I'm not gross!" I heard Finn say it but I didn't answer him. I just went up to my room. I closed the door and changed clothes. I was supposed to meet Yasmin today at the beach. I picked a tote bag and put a towel, sunscreen, a water bottle, sunglasses and a sun hat in it. I put on my new bikini that I got from the mall with Yasmin. Then a flower skirt over. It was a hot day today so I decided not to have anything over my top. Then I fixed my hair and I was done.

I went outside to the boys.
"I'm leaving." I said as I put my sunglasses on.
"Alright." Josh said and took off his shirt.
"It's hot today man, should we go to the beach?" Finn just looked at me.
"Finn?" Josh shook him.
"Uh-yeah, yeah we should." He looked down at his feet.
"Where are you going by the way?" I put my sandals on.
"To the beach, I'll see you there!"
"Wait!" Finn said.
"We'll drive you." Josh looked at him.
"Are you kidding me? No man." Finn didn't listen to Josh, he just looked at me.
"No Finn I'll be fine, but thanks, I'll take my bike." I smiled at him.
"But-no for real Linn, it's fine we'll drive you." Josh just rolled his eyes. I thought about it for a sec. It would be great, I wouldn't have to walk. But I said:
"No, it's alright. I'll see you there, bye."

I got out to the garage and took out my bike. Then I put my tote bag on it and left.