Chapter 7

The female I brought to my den is strange in many ways, but I don't let that deter me from making her my mate, her decision did not bother me as much as I expected to, since she gave me a chance, a feral like me, a beast who is not worthy to anyone.

Patience is one of the most important thing to have when it comes to hunting, so I'm used to it, and the reward you'll get is fulfilling, that's why I will wait for her, and accompany her to the journey in where she will get answers on why she was brought here. Whoever or whatever brought her here to me, is a blessing from the Beast God. Besides, her peculiar abilities, she said she belongs to a human clan from a faraway land, and I believe her.

Having that kind of strength means she won't need protection from other mates, she can have. I'm glad she said that the females in her family only had one male in their life, because of their powers, though strange, it is what I consider luck for me, as I will work hard to make her like me, as her only mate in life. I will protect her, so that she won't even need to protect herself from others.

Yaesoon's mild voice break me out of my reverie as she awakens with our arms still wrap around each other. I thought I would worry that she would be cold through the night, since my body is cold-blooded, but I was relieved, since she was embracing me tightly to her body, and with the feeling of her warmth next in mine, I fell asleep instantly.

"I'm sorry I cling to you all throughout the night Curtis."

Embarrassment filled her voice, and the warmth that I felt spread in my chest as I hear her voice. If only we could stay like this for a moment longer, but she needs to eat to recover her energy, since she cried so much last night that I thought her eyes would melt from the unending drip of tears that escaped from her tiny body. I'm so happy she showed me what lies inside her amazing strength, she showed me the vulnerability in hers that I was only allowed to see. I was the only one who can comfort her, and heal her just like how she healed me.

"But I prefer us like this Yaesoon close enough to hear each other's heart beating."

With my words she made herself smaller and hides her face in my chest where I felt her warm cheek is pressed against me, like she is trying to burrow her reddening face further. I would have never thought to experience this kind of softness in life brought by a mate, that I only heard with other mated males in my travels. Now I know why I felt the bitterness within myself that day, because I thought I would never experience this kind of emotion ever in my life, as a Feral Beastman.

But Yaesoon came into my monotonous life, punching her way through my heart, that I let her in, without her knowing it. That's why I can't let her go, even if she changes her mind later, and run away from me.

Unfortunately, we break our tight embrace to each other, she washes up in the river, while I prepared her food just how she taught me. I don't like fire, but because of her I tolerate it enough to withstand the feeling of heat touching my skin.

As she approaches me, I saw that her strange fur are full of dirt, and as I wanted her to feel comfortable, I'll make sure to make her the best fur to wear using my shedded skin, so others will know better than to take what's mine. After eating, I told her that I would make her clothes, so I needed her to change out of her used fur, so I can measure her body and make her a more beautiful and comfortable fur.

I slithered near her and tries to take off her furs, when her hand gripped my forearm tightly, and I can feel the vast difference between our physical strength, that I'm really interested of.

"Hey! What are you doing I thought you would wait Curtis."

"And I would, but I want to make you new fur to change into, since the one you are currently wearing are full of dirt. So I have to measure your body."

Reluctantly, she released her tight grip on my arm, and lowered her arms, and slowly takes her fur off, which reveals her smooth skin underneath. I would have loved to run my hands in her divine body, but I snapped out of it, since she might not give me a chance anymore if I do things she won't like. If she suddenly changes her mind and reject me, that rejection will hurt me more than her beatings, I'm sure of it.

I swiftly measured her carefully, and turned around to get my shedded skin so I can start making it. The females that I saw in my travels wear their furs as a protection to their fragile bodies, so just the important parts are covered. I don't want that for my Yaesoon, so I will make her a clothing that reaches her knees, and protects her beauty away from the curious eyes of other males. Her body is for my eyes only.

After making it and giving it to her, I was fidgeting with my claws, as she examines them, until I heard of her approval, the relief I felt is pleasant to feel. Providing for my mate is one of my life goals, like any other males, and I did one of them.

"Curtis, thank you so much for this, it's beautifully made and comfortable to wear."

"You are always welcome, Yaesoon."

Our conversation from our first meeting filled with animosity, to now, just warmth my cold blooded body, it makes me feel happy. This is the only time in my life, that I felt this and only with her, my strange beautiful female.

The next day, our routine continues and she continues to ask her questions, voice full of curiosity, on what types of beast men are found in the continent. And I told her about the beasts I encountered over the years to satisfy her curiosity.

When darkness came, and the bright sky is no more, I sensed that it will be raining tomorrow, a heavy rainstorm with thunderstorm. Yaesoon, is strong but her safety is my priority, so I told her this, and she said that the river may flood the den so we must find another location suited for the two of us. I agreed, since her safety always come first and we agreed to travel right now while the storm is not here.

As we packed the little things we have, I carried Yaesoon within my arms, and with her petite body next to mine I feel reassured. Though, at first she didn't want to agree with me travelling, while she was carried around, I told her it was faster and safer.

As I held her in my arms I realized how fragile she was, despite having the strength of a God in her.