Chapter 10

As they encircle each other, their stance cautious and rigid, ready to fight, with the heavy rain and loud thunderclap as their background, it looks like an epic anime fight I watched before is going to happen. And I know that I should be taking the situation seriously, but it's hard to do, and I can't take anything seriously sometimes, that's why my mother viciously glares at me when I can't control my facial expressions in tense situations, like the one happening in front of me. She wouldn't be proud of me at this moment for sure.

They both moved fluidly, violent with the intent to kill each other, they transformed into their beast form, the scene looks intimidating, and creepy, with a giant red snake viciously attacking, lunging, and biting with its strong jaw, a huge ass scorpion with its pincers looks ready to crush the bone of it's prey, but for real this looks like a fight from a Godzilla movie, I take back the epic anime fight.

Fuck, will their fight last until this storm stopped or 'til the last beastmen standing? cause I'm exhausted just by watching them kill each other, I know I sound like a cold hearted bitch when Curtis is currently facing danger, but damn this world is draining my social and mental health.

Seeing that they are still in a dead locked with each other, I wanted to end this nonsense, so I can finally rest my tired, uncleaned and worn out body. With that thought, I stopped caring about the rain showering me, and approached their fighting forms carefully, and with their attention focused on each other they didn't notice my presence, until I was near them, and they flinched hard enough to untangle their tails, and stepped away from each other to look at me.

"I know that I said earlier you can do whatever you want, and fight but really five fucking hours?! Are you fucking kidding me, I'm tired of all of this bullshit, so can you just go away already you shitty scorpion, and leave us alone."

Their Beast form's reaction are priceless, though you can't really see with a snake and scorpion just looking down at you, and if I'm in the mood, I might laugh but today is not it.

The said scorpion is now have the audacity to feel shame, by slightly lowering it's huge body in front of me, but frankly I don't care. We look fucking stupid standing in the middle of the forest looking at each other, while the rain is heavily drenching us.

Curtis transform back, and he hurriedly held me in his cold body attempting to shield me from the strong pour of the rain knowing it's useless to do, but I appreciate the gesture, so I stopped his actions, and stand on the wet ground to face the Scorpio once again.

He transformed back too but his expression is stoic, like he's holding himself back from lashing out at us. The audacity of this bitch is palpable that it makes my hands itchy to slap his audacious face.

"Female, choosing a feral like this one means you like his power, as Tetra marked Beastman, if I defeated him I will reach my fourth mark, and I can be a mate worthy more than him!"

This bastard probably won't understand any words I say to him, he only listens to himself like the delusional bastard he was. Making assumptions when he doesn't even know anything about me and Curtis.

The snake Beastman holding my arm hisses, looking ready to swallow the bastard alive which I won't allow him to do, since it's unhygienic to eat trash.

And what do I do to reduce trashes in our world? That's right, I throw them to the right places, like the garbage, where this piece of shit belongs to.

I slowly removed Curtis arm's away from me, and stood in front of him to throw this trash spewing shit in front of us, back in the hell hole he came from.

"If we mate female I can promi-"

He talks too much, it's so annoying and frustrating to hear that I just cuts off whatever promise he was spouting, and roughly grabs his bicep tightly feeling the muscles slightly crushed under my tight grip, and he felt the pain from the pressure, stopping his momentum completely to make a screeching noice at the back of his throat, like someone choked him with powder, and pulls back my arms with him tight in my grip, and throw his form like a bowling ball hitting strike. That felt like a good throw I will definitely try that again, when I'm back in Earth.

The sound of the wind and rain, cut passed through my ear by the thing quickly flying away from us, screaming while flapping his limbs, and with my arm still in a throwing position. After ensuring I couldn't hear any annoying buzzing scream anymore, I abruptly turned around to the frozen state of Curtis, looking dumbstruck towards me with his eyes slightly large from their usual stillness and calmness, then proceeds to pull him with me to go back in the den. Anymore than this rain and I will get sick.

He finally snaps out of it, and walked to the nearly put out embers of fire to light it up again, and checks if it's warm enough, then grab my dirty rags and turn his attention towards me to dry my wet body. This man has his priority straight, huh adorable.

"Yaesoon, don't do that again the coldness of the rain might make you sick, I know you can easily be healed by my gems but still, always be careful of yourself. There is only one of you after all, and if something dangerous happens to you, there is no one I will have to prove myself into. So please, be careful with yourself."

He looked at me tenderly with his worried expression that shows his vulnerability, while speaking to me in an almost soft tone, begging me with his eyes, that is so beautiful I could cry from his warm affection towards me. So, I just nod my head obediently, and keep his words in my mind, then I hugged his body closed to me, and leaned my head to his chest, then I closed my eyes, this is the only way I can think of to express what I felt, because I don't think I can speak after that. It's awkward to do this, but thankfully, Curtis immediately responded and hugged me closer to him.

I'm speechless with this man in front of me, he bravely shows his affection to prove himself as my mate, that he only cares about my well-being, not caring for anything or anyone but me. He makes me feel so special, that for the first time in my life I felt like I was the center of someone's world, and not just someone but him, Curtis.

His heart weighs heavily in my hands, and I'm not sure how much more I can take before I changed my mind, and call him as my mate, but I'm afraid of these strong emotions swirling inside me. It's unfamiliar yet so tempting, it makes me want to lose myself, so I won't care about anything anymore.

But I can't, not yet, not while we can still know each other deeper, that I have no choice but to willingly trust my whole existence into him. It's only right for me to do so this next phase in our relationship is important to the both of us, I can't just do it halfheartedly.

Damn, no experience in romantic relationships with people sucks.