Chapter 14

It has been almost three weeks since I was brought into this world. Throughout that time, where we live in the new den, all Curtis and I've been doing is foraging the forest for oil and potato. By the way the potato here is called 'stone fruit' which is interesting to know. We marked the area where the potatoes are located, so we can go back to collect it when we are out of stock. I think they aren't hard to plant and harvest, the soil are rich, it can have plenty of nutrients to grow in that area. That is why I left it to grow there, C said that it's not really popular in this world, maybe its because, they don't know the right way of eating it. Well, it's convenient for me so I'm not complaining about it. I had roasted potato that day and man, it tasted so good for me. Even without any salt to add with the flavour, my roasted potato taste like a five star meal. The important thing here is I acquired potato, that's all that matters.

We succeeded in finding potatoes but, the oil takes a while to find. Turns out we have to collect it from the strange trees by squeezing the oil out of its bark. I quickly check if it was really oil and to my surprise it was. Then, I also found out some medicinal plants like oregano, ginger yay!, and cinnamon. That motivated me to find other taste enhancer like garlic, pepper and onions. Curtis found it weird that we humans, consumed medicine. I corrected him by letting him taste my simple steak. I had a fun time with his reaction to the slightly spicy meat, he can't handle spice with his sensitive tongue so I made a new one adjusted for his taste. His reaction is so adorable, I wished I had my phone with me to capture it and make it my profile picture.

Rice will completely satiate my appetite, so I asked C about where I can find it, and found out again, that these are hard to produce, therefore, not popular to the masses. This means, if we are planning to buy it, which I will, we need to spend a few crystals that my hubby fought with his life to have.

Though reluctant, I assured myself that I'm doing this for the greater good. Even though I'm not willing to spend our money to buy rice and other things, I did it anyway. I'll just help C with hunting more collosal in the future, for more crystals.

Now, we are currently preparing to leave our den and have my hubby fussing over me, which I find so adorable. I just let him, since I know he's doing it for my own good. He is making sure that the fur he made is hiding my beauty, this is according to him, so even if I was embarrassed I just let him do what he wants. I don't want to have suitors anyway, we are still adjusting with our mated status, enjoying each other's company, so for now this is enough.

I am average in Earth with my appearance, intelligence, whatever the fuck is the standard there. I'm a normal person to be considered a beauty. But because of the standards here, I must be treated the same as a beauty who can have as many male as she wants. I shuddered thinking about it, only my sister can be confident that way, she already has experiences dealing with relationships before, either with men or women. She's bisexual and our family don't mind that since she is responsible about her relationships. I admired her for that, it's just her personality that clashes with mine.

Back to what was happening, we finally started our journey for finding salts and other things. I'm quite excited, but nervous, so I didn't let C carry me, I walked no, practically skipped my way out of our den to the forest with C following me closely.

After this, we will look for those bird laying eggs. So I can finally have a proper breakfast with Curtis. I asked him about this and he easily agreed, he prefers to eat eggs. I keep in my mind to cook an egg recipe for him in the future.

I walked normally now and made my way back beside him. I intertwined our hands together, I don't want to be lost in this forest like a child, that would be embarrassing.

"Hey C, can I ask where exactly will we buy the rice from?"

He tightened his grip with mine before responding.

"We can buy rice from the sheep beastmen. Though, I won't promise it will be easy trading with them, as I am still a feral. They will notice that we are not officially mated yet, because of the lack of mating tattoo in your body. They will perceive me as a threat to your safety."

What bullshit. I know I keep forgetting his feral status because I'm comfortable with him, but still, to be treated like a plague must hurt him. Maybe, I'm bias because I like him and can't see past his goodness. This is why love is blind.

"I understand, I only met one of your kind and it wasn't a good first impression. But I won't pass judgement easily, because I have you by my side and you prove me otherwise. Whatever we will face later, I'm by your side Curtis so don't worry."

He slightly smile to my words, and shit I almost got my ass blinded again. That was dangerous for my heart.

And he K.O me by kissing my forehead. He nonchalantly look ahead after that like he didn't do anything to my poor heart. Because of that I bump his side, but as always I forgot my strength and he fell to his side. I immediately helped him up and dusted his side free of the dirt.

"I'm sorry! C you okay? I'm really sorry, I can't keep note of my strength sometimes."

He steady his posture and hold my hand as if to reassure me it was nothing.

After that whole debacle I stayed quiet while walking by his side. Hands still intertwined with each other, I lightly swing our hands. This feels like a date, like we are just strolling in the forest, admiring the scenery while holding hands with each other.

Our journey continued like that with my mind delusions to conquer my boredom. We only stopped for a few restroom breaks in bushes, then he carried me in his arms, though I didn't complain this time.

We must be nearing the place that's why he carried me. I placed my hands around his shoulders and lean my face to his chest. This is my safe place, with his chilled and smooth skin against my cheeks, I feel drowsy. This must be what babies feel when they are carried to sleep by their parents.

"You can sleep while we are not there yet. Just leave it to me."

I hummed softly in response and closed my eyes.

"Thanks C I really like you"

With that sentence, I'm off to Dreamland.