7

I'd like the dedicated these last five chapters to psychic020107

Sorry my buddy, I couldn't make it to six! I only lasted to five!

_

"Thanks again Dr. Yang for telling me this." Y/n thanked the older man once again for what had to be the millionth time now. "I'll be sure to be right at the hospital exactly after this show is over to hear more about this."

The older man laughed fondly and reassured her the best he could. "I appreciate the dedication my dear. I'll do my part and continue to take care of our town's wonderful sheriff. I also wanted to let you know that I and my family are rooting for you to win or at least make it to the finals."

Hearing that made Y/n laugh and ease up just a tiny bit. "I'll try to make it to the finals. I'm not planning on coming home too soon yet!"

Both her and Dr. Yang talked about another hour until they both said their goodbyes and hung up the phone. Y/n had practically felt her soul leaving her body as she now sat down and allowed all the new information she just learn finally sink in.

Her grandfather needed another surgery.

Y/n knew her grandfather was probably having the hugest fit about having to get surgery once again. He never liked even entertaining the idea of having to need that type of help on his person. It made him try and keep to staying healthy and always taking that every precaution so that this would never happen to him.

And yet here he is now, all because of some punk that tried taking him out with a crowbar.

Alongside making Y/n feel even more useless than she already felt to boot!

"Here ya go kiddo."

Y/n looked up and saw Chris placing a warm cup right in front of her and smiled reassuringly. This normally helps me.

Y/n quietly said thank you and took the cup in her hands and blew on it a bit before taking a drink. Her eyes widening when she realized what the contents in the drink was.

"Is... Is this tomato juice?"  She asked with a smile. She absolutely lived for this stuff whenever she felt far too down in the dumps. "It's my absolute favorite!"

Chris nodded excitedly as he took a drink of his own. "It's the the far superior beverage when being far too upset."

Y/n smile became soft as she took a deep breath and finally relaxed herself. 'This place is all warm and toasty.' Chibi her cheered while she took in the sights of the room.

The two of them were currently back in Chris mansion cottage, in one of his favorite rooms. After the elimination ceremony, Chris had gently took her by the hand back here and had told her about Dr. Yang contacting them earlier yesterday and having to need to have a word with her. The new information she'd been given had made some knots form inside of her at the thought of her grandfather having to undergo surgery once more.

But honestly. It was the only thing to do for him at this point!

"How ya holding up after talking to the doctor?" Chris asked while picking up a cookie and eating it quietly.

Y/n finished up her beverage and took in a deep breath once more before letting out and answering honestly. "I... I feel so lost and conflicted about all of this." She sighed tiredly and tried wiping away some tears coming on. "It feels like the whole world is set to try and rip my grandfather away from me and granny."