Chapter Two

By the time that Kenzie and her parents reached the airport, Kenzie was well and truly ready to board her plane and get away from all the giddiness her parents were displaying.

Don't get her wrong, she was happy that her parents got to spend time together as they were always busy with work etc. but their excitement was becoming a little, how shall I say it, nauseating, shall we say.

"Well, this is it." Zarah said, feigning tears as she walked beside Kenzie, their arms linked together.

"Yup, Boca, Here I come." Kenzie squeaked, making Zarah chuckle.

"I'll miss you too." Zarah sassed.

"Come on you two." Scott called as he and his wife were already in line to check in.

"Hold on, we're saying goodbye." Kenzie answered.

Scott and Tracy rolled their eyes but it did nothing to hide their amusement at how dramatic the girls were being.

"Oh yes, she's going off to war, you know." Tracy said sarcastically and dramatically as her hand rested on her chest.

"Really?" Kenzie said, giving her mother an unimpressed and annoyed look.

"It's how you are acting." Tracy said with a smirk.

"Alright, I get it but at least I have friends." Kenzie remarked.

"Gee, thanks." Mr. Turner playfully huffed.

Kenzie gave him a very sarcastic smile.

"Sorry Mr. Turner." She told him.

Mr. Turner burst out laughing. He was a jolly man and loved a good joke. He knew that Kenzie meant nothing by her comment but it sure made him laugh.

"Seriously though, please come line up, we need to check in and get to our gate." Tracy said as she glanced at her watch.

"Wait here." Kenzie said as she walked over to her parents and joined them in the line.

Zarah walked over to where her mom was sitting and plopped down next to her.

"You ok?" Victoria asked as Zarah laid her head on her shoulder.

"Yeah, just tired." Zarah said.

In truth, Zarah was going to miss Kenzie a lot. Kenzie was her only friend after all.

"It will be ok, sweetheart. I promise." Victoria said, knowing how her daughter felt. She didn't have many friends either.

A few minutes later, Kenzie and her parents were all checked in. They all made their way over to where the Turners were waiting.

"Well, I guess this is it." Zarah said as she stood up.

Kenzie nodded and started walking toward security, following behind her mom who was now feeling more frazzled and rushed as she never liked being anywhere late and this time, they were all cutting it very close.

"I will text you as soon as I'm on the other side." Kenzie said, seeing the look in her friend's eyes.

Zarah smiled, nodded and hugged Kenzie tightly.

"Is she going to be ok?" Tracy asked Victoria, seeing how Zarah's demeanor had changed within the span of a minute or two.

"I think she just feels like Kenzie will forget about her." Victoria said.

"Well, listen, if she's really missing Kenzie and you're concerned at all, I'm sure Kenzie would love to have a friend in Boca." Tracy said, handing Victoria Jeff's information just in case.