Chapter Fifteen.

Rainy days were the best because you could cuddle up on the couch under a blanket and watch nostalgic movies like 'The Breakfast Club' and 'Pretty in Pink' and no one could tell you to do otherwise. The only thing it wasn't good for was pesky wannabe partners arriving on your doorstep during the rain storm because the wind was too strong for their liking and was scaring them.

Yes, that's right, Capri was here, and it was making Kenzie mad; not only because she had interrupted her and her uncle's rainy day movie marathon but also because Capri appeared to have dropped by unannounced, however, Kenzie could see right through that act. She knew this was pre arranged between Jeff and his harpy.

What hurt even more was that Jeff was ignoring her and enjoying all the attention Capri was giving him. It was nauseating.

"Can you not?" Kenzie snapped as Capri stretched out on the couch for the millionth time, practically shoving Kenzie from her spot in the corner of the couch.

Kenzie felt fully within her right to stand up for herself but Jeff, who looked at her with slight warning, didn't seem to agree.

"Oh, sorry." Capri replied sweetly, but Kenzie saw through the facade and knew that it was done on purpose. Almost like Capri didn't want Kenzie there for some gross reason.

Kenzie scoffed and rolled her eyes in response which made Capri look at Jeff, expecting him to do something.

"Kenz." He said, making Kenzie glare at him. She knew full well that this whole setup was to get her to meet Capri and see that she wasn't so bad, but it wasn't working. If anything, Kenzie hated her even more than before.

The teen knew that her uncle was unfortunately wrapped around his girlfriend's little finger and was more than happy to play along with her orphan Bambi act, so, switching her tone to match Capri's sugary one, she responded.

"Yes Uncle Jeff?" She asked, making sure to throw in a few eyelash bats for good measure so he could see that Kenzie knew his and Capri's little game. She wasn't stupid and that was something Capri was going to be privy to very soon.

"Never mind." Jeff replied, turning his attention back to Judd Nelson (John Bender) who was brushing his teeth with Molly Ringwald's (Claire Standish) eyebrow brush. He knew that Kenzie knew.

He knew he was in trouble and that Kenzie would let him know eventually.

"That's what I thought." Kenzie muttered under her breath just as Capri stretched out again.

Kenzie took a deep breath and stood up.

"Where are you going?" Jeff asked, noticing that Kenzie had stood up.

"If it's alright with you uncle dearest, I'm going to go to my room where I won't be kicked in the side." Kenzie said as she clasped her hands together and placed them over her chest with a sarcastic smile.

Neither Capri nor Jeff had the chance to respond to Kenzie's remark as she hurriedly went to her room to talk to Jesse about current events.

=

"It was infuriating Jesse; I can't stand her, and I only just met her." Kenzie said as she facetimed the boy who was laying on his bed.

"Sounds like it. She sounds a bit snobby." He replied and Kenzie nodded.

"It's like I'm living in the parent trap movie except Jeff isn't my parent." She told him and Jesse looked at her with confusion.

"What's that?" He asked and Kenzie sat up. How could he not know that movie? It was a classic and even those who hadn't seen the movie knew what it was about.