Chapter Seven

On Saturdays, Kenzie usually liked to sleep in and laze around in her pj's but when the deafening sound of a lawn mower started up, sleeping in was out of the question, and don't get her wrong, she was annoyed, but at the realization that it was Jesse mowing the grass, Kenzie decided to let it slide just this once.

She rolled out of bed, got herself dressed and went over to Jesse's to invite him to have breakfast with her since Jeff appeared to still be sleeping; and it honestly amazed her how Jeff could sleep through anything.

"Oi, noisy." Kenzie said as she walked over to Jesse who was emptying the mower bag into the designated garden bin. When he was sure everything made it into the bin, Jesse looked at Kenzie and smiled.

"Can I help you?" He asked.

"Yes, as a matter of fact, you can. You see, I wanted to laze around and relax today but it seems like a certain someone and their lawn mower had other plans for me, so I'm forced to actually be active now." Kenzie told him and Jesse just starred at her like a stunned mullet.

"You poor, poor soul. How ever shall you go on?" Jesse sassed, bringing his now folded hands to his chest sarcastically.

Kenzie's jaw dropped at his actions.

"How dare you try to out sass me." Kenzie gasped in a playful tone.

"I Blame you. You're rubbing off on me." Jesse replied, pointing at her.

Kenzie crossed her arms over her chest and pursed her lips.

"I don't know if I should be offended by that or flattered." She told him.

"Seriously though creep, what do you want?" Jesse asked, looking at Kenzie for an answer.

"I came to see if you wanted to join me for breakfast and video games." Kenzie answered, making Jesse's brows rise.

"I suppose I could eat and play some games." He said as nonchalantly as he could.

"Ok, great. How does eggs and bacon sound?" Kenzie asked and Jesse nodded.

"Sounds good to me." Jesse replied and Kenzie smiled.

"Cool. Do you need any help putting things away?" She questioned, making Jesse become a little defensive.

"I don't need your help." He snapped, which took Kenzie by surprise. That was the last thing she was expecting from him.

"Whoa, Jesse calm down. It was just a question; you don't need to bite my head off." Kenzie defended, holding her hands up in surrender.

Jesse took a deep breath, composing himself somewhat.

"I know, but I can do it." He said in a calmer manner and Kenzie nodded slowly.

"Ok, well, I'll leave the front door open for you then. Just come by when you're done." She explained before they parted ways.

=

Tying her hair up so that it was out of her face, Kenzie stood in front of the kitchen sink peering out the window, wondering why Jesse got so snippy with her for wanting to help. She wasn't at all used to anyone becoming that defensive with her and it made her question why she had even offered in the first place.

After a minute of being in her own little world, Kenzie shrugged off the encounter and got to work pulling everything out that she needed for breakfast.

"Hi" Jesse greeted softly as he walked into the house and toward the kitchen where Kenzie cracked a couple eggs into a bowl.

"Hi." Kenzie replied, not knowing what to really say to him after what had just occurred.

Operation Cupidजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें