Chapter Thirteen.

Do you know the feeling you get when you've had too much caffeine? The racing heart that makes the muscle skip beats and palpitate. The shortness of breath you feel as you become disoriented, adding to the agitation you feel as your body begins to shake, making you feel at loss of what to do. Then when it fully hits you, it makes you feel sick to your stomach, and you aren't sure whether you need to poo or if you're going to be sick. The pounding headache you get that makes you regret ever having coffee in the first place. That's how Liz felt in this moment as she sat at the table meant for her and Randy, watching Jeff flirt with a picture-perfect Blonde.

Liz had been in the restaurant for the better part of an hour waiting for her date to show up but with each couple that came into the establishment for their date nights, she knew that Randy had stood her up and had no intention of ever following through with the date he had asked her on. Liz felt humiliation seep into her bones knowing that she had fallen for another man's trickery and his wanting to see her doubt her self-doubt. Sure she didn't really know Randy, but all men were the same, weren't they?

This whole night was turning out to be a shit show, making Liz want to crawl under a rock and never show her face to the world around her again. That feeling intensified when she saw the man she was still deeply in love with kiss the woman in front of him a little more than passionately. Her heart shattered into extremely tiny pieces that only Jeff could cause. She had to get out of there. She couldn't take it anymore; it was too torturous.

Liz made it to her car safely and when she shut the door, she leaned her head back against the headrest and shut her eyes, trying to stop the impending tears. No, saving them for bed where she could bury her head in her pillow and cry herself to sleep sounded like a better option.

The woman slipped the key to her car in the ignition, but the vehicle had other plans as it refused to turn over and start. Liz tried a couple more times before she groaned in frustration and slammed her hands on the steering wheel. She was starting to regret even talking to Randy at Walmart while buying things for Jesse.

Taking a deep breath to calm herself, Liz pulled the key from the ignition and began opening the door so she could look under the hood when the skies opened up and rain pelted down, forcefully walloping everything in its path. Great, just what she needed.

Despite all of that, Liz got out of the car and as she did, her clutch, which had been sitting in her lap, fell to the ground in such a way that her phone smashed, rendering it useless. That was the very last straw for her, and Liz started crying. She couldn't help it and whether it was because she was heartbroken, humiliated, frustrated, or annoyed, she couldn't tell you, but it sure felt good to let it all out. It felt even better to know that her tears were mixing in the rain as she became drenched in it as she walked home, feeling a little more than pathetic.

=

The longer that Liz stayed out, the more Kenzie felt something uneasy stir within her. It was making her feel worried and nauseous. It made her feel like she had to stand up and do something to take her mind off of whatever her brain was telling her.

She began second guessing her plan to meddle in Jeff and Liz's love lives, even if it was for their happiness overall. She felt horrible all of a sudden and she couldn't explain why.

"Ok, what's wrong? Your leg has been shaking non stop and it's really annoying." Jesse said as he hid behind a couch cushion, afraid that another demonic entity would pop out of the shadows again and scare the main character of the movie again.

Kenzie wanted to laugh at him as he was the one to suggest the horror movies but the anxious butterflies in her belly stopped her from doing that.

"Something doesn't feel right." She told him and Jesse looked at her with confusion.