Chapter Sixteen.

"So, what did you think?" Kenzie asked as Jesse turned off the tv after their final movie finished rolling its credits.

"I mean, the movies were ok, but I still don't see how any of it was helpful." Jesse told her and Kenzie sighed. She wasn't even sure if the ideas the movies provided would work but hoping was never a terrible thing.

"Aside from all of that. Did you enjoy the chick movies?" Kenzie asked and Jesse shrugged.

"They weren't bad. I never would have picked them to watch by myself though." He answered and Kenzie chuckled.

"I'm glad you enjoyed them. Thanks for humoring me." Kenzie said.

"You're welcome. What should we do now?" Jesse questioned and Kenzie looked at the time on her phone.

"I should probably head back now." Kenzie replied reluctantly.

"Do you have to?" Jesse wondered aloud and Kenzie nodded.

"You have work as well and I don't want to make you late." She said.

"I could call in sick." Jesse suggested but Kenzie shook her head.

"That won't work anymore. They know you're back to yourself now." Kenzie responded and Jesse groaned.

"I guess so." Jesse said as Kenzie stood up from the couch.

The girl held her hand out for Jesse to take so she could help him stand up. Jesse smiled at her and accepted the offer.

"Thanks." Jesse told her and Kenzie gave him a small smile.

"You're welcome." Kenzie replied simply.

"Ok, so, I will talk to Zarah and see what she's found on Capri, and I'll let you know?" Kenzie said as she and Jesse stood at the front door.

"Or you could come see me at work." Jesse said, suggesting that he want to see Kenzie again.

Kenzie was about to respond when Liz walked into the kitchen, not realizing the teens were saying goodbye.

"I'm not interrupting anything again, am I?" Liz asked as she saw the kids looking at her.

"Nope, just saying goodbye." Jesse replied and Kenzie agreed.

"You are welcome to stay longer if you like." Liz told Kenzie and the girl smiled.

"Thanks but I should get back. Jeff is probably wondering what's happened to me and lazy here has to work." Kenzie replied, playfully pushing Jesse's arm.

Liz smiled back at the pair. They were so cute together and it was wild to Liz that nothing further had happened since the other night.

"I am not lazy." Jesse defended.

"I'll see you two later." Kenzie said as she bid Liz and Jesse goodbye and walked out the door, leaving Jesse standing there with a silly grin on his face.

"Did you enjoy the movies?" Liz asked, holding back her laughter.

"The company was better." Jesse replied and Liz beamed.

"I can tell." Liz said and went about her snack making and Jesse went to get ready for work.

=

"Where have you been, missy?" Jeff asked as Kenzie walked into the house. He wasn't mad, just interested to know where she went, even though Liz had texted him to let Jeff know where Kenzie was so that he knew she was ok.

Kenzie rolled her eyes at him. Of course he wasn't listening. He had his lips plastered to Capri's when she left after all.

"You mean I was right in thinking that you didn't actually hear me when I left? Shocker." Kenzie said as she rolled her eyes.