twelve . you promise?

demons

demons. everyone has them, at least thatʼs what viviana believed. that's what she wanted to believe. she liked to think that everyone had something going on their lives. some spoke up, asked for help even, while others just stayed quiet.

they believed they could handle it themselves. that they didn't need anyone to survive or help make them feel better.

viviana believed they also didn't want to seem weak, because once people notice you are not perfect you will start getting sympathetic looks everywhere you go. she knew they had trouble talking about feelings, maybe even dealing with them by themselves.

she didn't want to believe she was the only one feeling like this. she hated the idea of being the only person who had a shitty life.

yes she was rich, her parents were still together and seemingly in love, her brother was a senior in standford university. she was pretty.

except, her parents were barely seen together when she was around, and whenever they were they were arguing. they obviously weren't inlove, probably never were. her brother neglected her and she hated how she looked.

viviana always envied other girls. so no matter what belly did to her, she couldn't hate her. because she always managed to put herself in jeremiahʼs shoes.

she would always see another side of the sweet girl he saw in belly, she would see her beautiful smile, her enchanting brown eyes. her dark brown hair. her breathtaking laugh. a funny girl that could make anyone laugh, a girl that could always make jeremiah laugh

a perfect teenage girl for a perfect boy.

a boy with dirty blonde hair and a sweet charming smile yet a smile that brings all the trouble with it, the stupid enchanting smirk he always wore around her. his eyes, his blue eyes that could take anyoneʼs breath away.

it wasn't that his eyes were blue, or held the oceanʼs color. they were special. viviana didn't understand what was so special about them, but she could see it.

so as she was sitting on the beach lost in her thoughts and a hand tapped her shoulder. she couldn't utter a word as she turned to her left

only to be met with those beautiful, breathtaking blue eyes — eyes that belonged to a boy that somehow managed to captivate her.

“conrad told me you stopped by a few days ago” jeremiah started, when he noticed she turned back to look at the sea “i have been trying to get a hold of you, but you never answered any of my calls”

“i haven't checked my phone” it was a lie, but jeremiah did not need to know this

there was silence, a heavy silence that made viviana want to scream “look jeremiah —” viviana started as she then qaused to take in a breath

“i am sorry about what i said to belly, I shouldn't have said any of those things, ” viviana sighed “you were right—”

“no” jeremiah cut her off immediately