«seven: why?»

/ L a e /

"Why did you do it, Lae?" Amy asked, she was sat at the chair beside me.

"Why did you put your life at risk?" She continued, voice breaking like a delicate glass.

I looked at my best friend, who was hiding her face on her hands, indicating she was about to cry. "You mean a lot to us, Lae."

"I don't mean anything to anyone, Amy." I finally said, Amy looked at me.

"You mean a lot to me."

"Maybe you can't see it, but I can't live without you, your whole family can't live without you." She said, staring at me right in the eyes. I let out a fored laugh, I shook my head and looked at her.

"They wouldn't care, Amy."

"If they don't, I will." She told me with a choked up voice. "Do you think killing yourself would solve it all, Lae?"

I looked down at my tangled hands and bit my lip. "Do you think killing yourself would make you happy?"

"What's the real reason, Lae? What's the real reason that made you do it? Is it because of Aid? Your family? Me?" I shook my head and held her hand.

"It's not about you." I said, the look on her face indicated that she was relieved.

"Then why?"

I thought for a bit, why? Why did I do it? "I don't know, I really don't know."

--------------

Yeah, Lae, why?