«ten: final»

/ L a e /

"I knew you'd come around."

It's true, after I went home I quickly called Amy to ask for Dwight's phone number.

"How did you find me, though?" I asked, we were at the same spot as yesterday, talking about stuff.

"This is where I do my thinking." He answered, I nodded in response and stayed quiet, he did as well.

"Why did you want to be my friend?" I asked after a few minutes of silence.

He tilted his head to the side as he looked at me. "Why wouldn't I want to be?"

"Because I'm a messed up person, and a person you wouldn't want to be involved with."

He sighed, getting a hold of my hand. "Maybe I'm a messed up person as well."

I looked at out intertwined hands and looked at him. "What do you mean?" I asked.

"I'm just like you." I looked at him, confused. He got his other hand and used it to lift up the sleeve of his hoodie on his left arm. "I draw too."

I stared at his scars and stared at mine, looking at the thin marks etched on our skins. "Why?" I asked softly.

"I told you, I'm a messed up person too."

He smiled at me briefly, making me smile as wide.

A weird feeling settled upon me as I smiled, I looked at our hands again before looking straight ahead, what's this feeling? But whatever it is, I couldn't stop smiling.

The important thing is, I found someone who'll accept me for me, because he as well is a painter that uses blade and skin as his paintbrush and canvas.

---------

THE END

TADAAAAAAAAA

IT'S DONE.

OMG IT'S DONE!

(There's still an epilogue sooooo.)