Finally...

Papyrus kept practicing on making a portal, focusing back home, back to grillby. He's sure grillby has noticed within the first few days since it would be too long since papyrus visited grillby.

Been too long since they shared magic with each other, it's helped with his soul cracking as grillby's magic helped lessen the amount he had to give him more time.

And it came with benefits too, good monster parents share magic with their kids. Adopted or not.

So it gave grillby benefits as well, like being able to tell if he was in danger. Or other things, like letting him know when papyrus was heading over to visit.

It also let him know...just things..

Papyrus on the other hand, seems to be hyper aware when his parent is coming, or in his vicinity, or nearby. Always alert that grillby was close, which makes him relax a bit depending on the area he was in.

He guessed his magic was pleased, at the attention grillby gives him...well dad, he had a habit of calling his dad grillby due to that being his name and needing to so others didn't know that grillby adopted him years ago.

Heck, his B̶r̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶e̶i̶t̶h̶e̶r̶...

And he'll keep it that way, he doesn't need to know. No one needs to know about that.

Only ones who needed to know was himself and grillby.

Papyrus sighed, "hmm let's see...maybe a bit more magic and a bit more intent will do...I'll have to figure out how to change my appearance back..can't have the others becoming aware something's wrong with me..."

Papyrus focused more magic on making the portal and more intent, It's been long enough that he should have finally gotten it down close enough, his instincts agree, he'll be home soon...

Soon he'll be home..he just needs a bit longer...or maybe right now?

Papyrus eye sockets widen a bit, as some kind of portal finally popped up with his own magic, a delighted grin forming on his face as he entered it, making sure to stay hidden from view as he headed to grillby.

To his father...papyrus sneaked into grillby's restaurant, feeling the moment grillby became fully alerted of him as he was aware of grillby in his range.

Papyrus sneaked above the restaurant and into grillby's home and waited on the couch.

He only had to wait a few minutes before grillby entered and headed straight for him, doing a massive check over him, high alert.

"Dad I'm fine.. just...changes in things like appearance and voice." Papyrus mumbled as grillby kept checking over him.

Grillby huffed, "your magic feel different.. you look and talk different..but your still my kid papyrus."

Papyrus relaxed, "sorry I've been gone. It wasn't..planned..."

Grillby just nodded, "I know, I could feel it, I felt your alarm. I'm just glad your back..though I guess we need to figure out how to make your appearance change back now...don't want others butting into our business's."

Papyrus just nodded, "my brother hasn't said anything, so I don't think he's realized at all."

Grillby scoffed "Of course not, that..sans doesn't give a crap about anything or anyone let alone you. There's a reason why I only adopted you and not him as well. He doesn't notice anything different or new except that human."

Papyrus just nodded, "yes I know. I've given up a long time ago on him caring for me even slightly. It's fine, I have you, my dad that cares for and about me."

Grillby just nodded as he focused on sharing magic with papyrus as papyrus did the same, their magic reacting a bit as papyrus appearance changed, practically an illusion forming into place as papyrus looked like how he should before he ended up in the white void.

Papyrus just relaxed and cuddled against his parent before resting as he hasn't at all since he disappeared..

Grillby just hugged papyrus close, finally relaxing as his kid was finally home and safe with him.

____*_____*____*____*____*_____*___
Finished with 850 words. Hope you all like and comment what you think.

Ja ne~!

Ink, error, fresh (later show up)
Underfell/É̸̪̮̩̏͘r̷͍̹̽́r̶̹̮̪̈̽͗o̴̻̠̤̰͌͗̈́͗r̷̼̗͕̻͋͝, sans/scarlet/vermilion/red?, papyrus/fell/void?
Undertale, sans/classic, papyrus/prime
Underswap, sans/azure/navy/?, papyrus/ginger
Outertale, sans/outer, papyrus/nebula
Swap fell, sans,/mauve, papyrus/lilac/violet?
Fellswap, sans/carmine/wine/?, papyrus/maroon/?
Dreamtale, dream, nightmare
Reapertale, sans/reaper/death, papyrus/grim
Aftertale, sans/geno, papyrus/ghost
Killertale, sans/killer/peril?, papyrus/?
Dusttale, sans/dust/scourge?, papyrus/phantom
Xtale, sans/vigil/cross?, papyrus/?
Horrortale, sans/horror/rascal/mars/?, papyrus/Jupiter
Quantumtale, gaster/?, sans/tk, papyrus/ck
Mercytale, gaster/?, sans/?, papyrus/?
Sciencetale, gaster/?, sans/sci, papyrus/?
Medictale, sans/medic, papyrus/?

Hm might add another au or two.
Also those with ? Are those I'm unsure if that I want to use the same nickname I usually do. So if you got ideas of possible short nicknames for them that fits, your welcome to comment for it.

Or you can vote on a nickname if there's a ? With a few nicknames

And yes I wanted to try some different nicknames.

I was tempted to wait longer before papyrus figured it out, but he was pretty much practicing everyday and all the time while there so I figured now was the time.

X