Awake

The next time papyrus woke up, it was to his dad handing him a plate of food.

Papyrus accepted with a grateful look, despite not feeling hungry at all, he ate anyways.

His dad seemed to be doing a magic check on him, his magic felt a bit alert at that but allowed his dad to continue with the magic check, feeling for anything else that was different with him, just slightly pausing on his soul before it continued.

"Seems your soul just cracked a little bit more, but that's all with that. Seems we will have to share some more magic again today. So we should do that before you head out to work again..." grillby mentioned, one hand going to just a bit under his head area, seemingly thoughtful a bit.

Papyrus just hummed a bit, there wasn't anything new about his soul, well so far..he hasn't checked it since his appearance started changing.

"And it also feels different, do you mind if I take a look at it?" Grillby asked as papyrus finished up on the food and set the plate down nearby.

"Go ahead." Papyrus responded, relaxing against the couch behind him.

Papyrus felt a small tug on his soul, which he allowed grillby to pull out.

Papyrus frowned a bit, it looked..normal to him..but apparently his dad disagreed as papyrus felt his dads magic react and move towards him, dispelling the illusion, which dispelled the illusion on his soul too.

Grillby wasn't happy, his kids soul was all cracked and apparently held together by some kind of red string.

Papyrus just blinked, hm, he wondered why his soul was more in pieces in his glitched form...maybe it did crack into pieces and he wasn't aware?

After all, papyrus doesn't remember hearing his soul crack again after appearing in the white void.

Grillby let out a small tsk, displeased by how papyrus soul is like now.

"Seems we may need to share some more magic possible...it could be due to how much more magic you've gained since you've been gone.." grillby muttered to himself.

Papyrus titled his head, "how long was I gone for?"

Grillby head looked up a bit from where it was facing his soul, "it's been..too long. The others never noticed because of the human resetting.."

Papyrus eye sockets widen just a little bit, "so you do know about the resets?"

Grillby nodded, "I've known, there were other resets that used to happen when you were younger. But it doesn't usually happen often unless someone died.."

Papyrus just hummed a bit as his dad started sharing some magic with him, and papyrus did the same, sharing his own magic with his dad.

"Interesting...how many resets since I disappeared?" Papyrus asked him.

Grillby's head titled down a little, "..almost a hundred..the human dies a lot to either undyne or the king..sometimes to some of the weaker monsters who get the drop on the human. Why they reset back to when they first fall, I don't know. As the other that resets, would just reset to a certain time usually..."

Papyrus frowned at that, and here he thought his brother might actually care for the human, he guessed not if he let the human die so much.

"Great..we'll at least I'm not missing anything like being able to get to the surface if the human ever manages it..." papyrus mumbled a bit.

Grillby just let out a hum at that, de summoning papyrus's soul and re activating the illusion back into place.

Papyrus rubbed his forehead a little bit, "alright, time to work. I'll be back later."

Grillby just nodded at that, getting up and head downstairs to open his restaurant as he was already ready before he made some breakfast for his kid.

Papyrus just sat there for a few seconds, sighing before getting up and heading off to do his usual patrol and training.

____*______*_____*____*_____*_____*
Finished with 979 words. Hope you like and comment what you think.

Also I got a question for you'll. Would you prefer if grillby ended up with some glitches due to sharing magic with papyrus who was fully glitched out, or become a full glitch which he can hide behind an illusion or perhaps just be immune since they were already sharing magic for a long time since grillby adopted papyrus?

You'll already somewhat know what his soul looks like, it's on..I believe the chapter which the title is - more glitched. The images are at the bottom on that chapter. I haven't decided between two of the images that are papyrus soul when in his glitched form. So you decided which you prefer and just image it or so.

Ja ne~!

Ink, error, fresh (later show up)
Underfell/É̸̪̮̩̏͘r̷͍̹̽́r̶̹̮̪̈̽͗o̴̻̠̤̰͌͗̈́͗r̷̼̗͕̻͋͝, sans/scarlet/vermilion/red?, papyrus/fell/void?
Undertale, sans/classic, papyrus/prime
Underswap, sans/azure/navy/?, papyrus/ginger
Outertale, sans/outer, papyrus/nebula
Swap fell, sans,/mauve, papyrus/lilac/violet?
Fellswap, sans/carmine/wine/?, papyrus/maroon/?
Dreamtale, dream, nightmare
Reapertale, sans/reaper/death, papyrus/grim
Aftertale, sans/geno, papyrus/ghost
Killertale, sans/killer/peril?, papyrus/?
Dusttale, sans/dust/scourge?, papyrus/phantom
Xtale, sans/vigil/cross?, papyrus/?
Horrortale, sans/horror/rascal/mars/?, papyrus/Jupiter
Quantumtale, gaster/?, sans/tk, papyrus/ck
Mercytale, gaster/?, sans/?, papyrus/?
Sciencetale, gaster/?, sans/sci, papyrus/?
Medictale, sans/medic, papyrus/?

Hm might add another au or two.
Also those with ? Are those I'm unsure if that I want to use the same nickname I usually do. So if you got ideas of possible short nicknames for them that fits, your welcome to comment for it.

Or you can vote on a nickname if there's a ? With a few nicknames

And yes I wanted to try some different nicknames.

I was tempted to wait longer before papyrus figured it out, but he was pretty much practicing everyday and all the time while there so I figured now was the time.

If you forgot what he looks like-
This is what papyrus looks like in his glitched form, so the red strings that hold his soul together are his own, which is his own magic reacting, wanting to held the pieces together to stay alive.

Meaning, no fate or anyone else who has red strings is on his soul

It's just papyrus own magic.

X