𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐼𝐼

─────⊰ ✧

─────⊰ ✧.*✦*.✧ ⊱───── 

   𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐋𝐘 as she forced herself through the crowd of bionic students. Chaos had erupted as water was spilling through the hallways, the pressure of the ocean weighing down the oxygen. She tried to mask the limp in her foot as well as she could, something she'd been left with after a mission when she was younger.

For an academy that was partly underwater on an island, Lorelei found that there were less emergency exits than she remembered there being on the map. When she'd finally found one, she rushed to it, but it was jammed shut.

She threw her body against the metal door, feeling the bruises forming on her fair skin. The door wouldn't even budge as she smacked it hard with her flat hand. She quickly glanced around to find anything that could help and saw what she assumed would be a heavy-enough fire extinguisher.

She closed her eyes and outstretched her arms to the object. After a deep breath in, her eyes shot open to reveal an emerald hue radiating off of them and her hands cramped together until the fire extinguisher rose up and flew against the metal door with a loud thud.

The fire extinguisher spewed open as Lorelei used her arms to shield herself from the oncoming shower of dry powder. She coughed and waved her hands in front of her to get rid of the floating powder that was blocking her view.

'You're kidding me,' she grunted when not even a dent had shown up. She walked up to the door and lightly pressed her ear against it. The waves of the ocean crashed aggressively against the metal in a battle of nature versus man-made.

'What is happening here?' a voice closely behind her asked.

Lorelei almost choked on her own breath, before turning around and looking at Adam's worried face. She had to refrain from letting out a sigh of relief that it was him and not anyone else. 'I tried to find an exit for all of us, but this one is no good,' she answered.

Adam nodded absent-mindedly as he took a look around, but Lorelei was surprised when he didn't question the broken fire extinguisher or told her off for it. Instead, as though a lightbulb went off in his head, his eyes lit up. 'You have molecular kinesis too, right? The others are trying to lift the island. You might be able to help,' he said and took her hand in his.

He excitedly walked back to where he'd come from, which reminded Lorelei of a dog that had found a stick. He dragged his feet through the powerful current of the water until the pair had reached the main hall.

What Lorelei had expected to see was one harmonious group trying their hardest to lift the island back onto its foundation. What she saw instead were two groups arguing back and forth and spreading out from here to the training area.

A rumbling sound underneath Lorelei made her body tremble, before the whole left side of the academy was raised. Lorelei and Adam tripped over their feet and tumbled down to the right. The salty ocean water got into Lorelei's mouth, the awful taste of it lingering on her lips when she'd finally found her footing again.