𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑉𝐼𝐼𝐼

─────⊰ ✧

─────⊰ ✧.*✦*.✧ ⊱─────

   𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐄-𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 soared through Lorelei's body made her breathing tremble. There had only been a few times that she'd felt scared in life, but never had she been this close on the thin line between life and death. The metal that was pushed into her skin made her eerily aware that the man holding the gun could end her if only he pulled the trigger.

She'd been in danger before, but whereas she'd felt a determination then to fight back, she was at a loss of hope this time. She was too afraid to even speak, her eyes glossed over with tears of what could occur in a split second if she made the wrong move.

'If you come willingly, no one gets hurt,' one of the men said. He was tall, so incredibly tall and broad, he nearly resembled a wall. If he didn't possess super strength, he wouldn't be able to beat Leo's arm, but his sheer size and demeanor alone frightened everyone.

His words might've been reassuring on the surface, but the way he spat them made them sound almost animalistic. Besides, the underlying threat that lingered in his words couldn't be ignored either.

'We'll never go with you willingly,' Spin scowled at the man and squared up to him with his fists in the air. The little boy could easily fit four times into the tall man, but he had the energy of a feral dog.

The man holding the gun moved so quickly, Lorelei hadn't even seen the gun swing towards her face before it had struck her. Tears stung even worse in her eyes as the pain of the blow enveloped her. The small bones of her nose cracked and blood vessels had torn as small droplets of blood slowly seeped out of her nose.

'If you don't come with us, her death will be on your hands,' the man said as he readjusted the gun against Lorelei's temple.

A silence fell among them, which wouldn't be filled. The men were waiting for an answer and the others weren't given it. No hands were raised in defeat and no hands were put on Lorelei as the suspenseful wait was nagging at her.

The tall man leaned forwards, his head resting between the man with the gun and Lorelei. He whispered so softly, Lorelei had no idea he could even speak this quiet. The others wouldn't be able to hear him, but Lorelei certainly did and what he had to say made her heart sink. 'We need their chips only. It doesn't matter whether they're dead or alive, so let's just get to it. They are robots anyway.'

A sob was stuck in Lorelei's throat as the image of the pulled trigger consumed her. She felt pathetic. How could she be defeated so easily? Her father would be more than ashamed and disappointed, he wouldn't even recognize her in this state of panic. She'd be the first person to go if she didn't do something, that was what she knew for sure. If she could manage to get everyone out of her sight, she could do something against those men without exposing herself.