𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑉

─────⊰ ✧

─────⊰ ✧.*✦*.✧ ⊱─────

   𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐌 𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐔𝐋𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐆 the seas, Lorelei marched through the hallways. She hated the bionic island, she hated the other students, she hated Davenport, she hated everything. However, there was arguably nothing else that she hated more than Chase Davenport at that very moment. She couldn't stand the way he wanted to boss her around and how he wasn't as gullible as she'd thought he would be. The way he'd kept tabs on her and watched her every move made her blood boil.

The absolute worst part about him was his ego. He might've been smart and he might've been perhaps the only person to see Lorelei for who she truly was, but he was no better than anyone else. It was probably all Davenport's fault anyway. He'd shared his ego with his youngest cousin-turned-son and made him believe in his ideas of right and wrong.

How was what they were doing any better than what her father was trying to achieve? They packaged their ways of doing the right thing into helping others, but were they even worth their bionics. Why help those incapable of greatness? If they couldn't even keep themselves safe in their regular lives, then what was the added value of saving them?

Get rid of the weak and let the strong thrive. It was the way of natural selection. If only the Davenports and Leo could understand that and not save those not worth saving. It infuriated Lorelei until she was shaking with anger.

She'd found her way into the weapons area and stared blankly at the tons of explosives and guns simply laying around. Not everyone had access to this room. Only the Davenports and Leo, but they weren't exactly secretive over the code to type in to open the door. She'd wandered the hallways with Bree one day when she had to retrieve something from the weapons area and typed in the code without a second thought, while Lorelei was standing right next to her.

Flashes of fire burnt into her eyes as she imagined the bionic academy scorching to the ground, taking everyone with it. She smiled at the power she saw before her and the demise of the ones that had taken her father away from her. If she had to, she would pin down Chase and burn into ashes with him, just to see the life slipping away from him. To not think twice about taking his life, like he hadn't when he destroyed her father.

She took a handful of the grainy fuel and squeezed it into her palm. The barrels filled to the brim with explosives lit up in green smoke as Lorelei spoke. The words had left her lips before she could take them back.

'Scorching the earth in its wake
leaving a path of a burning snake
time is of the essence
to let the explosion florescence.'

She slipped out of the weapons area and started to make her way to the hyperloop. She'd have time before the explosives would blow up, but she feared it wasn't much. She didn't need to visit her room for her belongings as she carried everything that mattered to her with her.