𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑉𝐼

─────⊰ ✧

─────⊰ ✧.*✦*.✧ ⊱─────

   𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐎 intently into Lorelei's eyes, it almost felt as though he was certain she wasn't bionic and he was going to prove the whole island. Lorelei was confident about how she masked her powers and morphed it into something that resembled some of the bionic abilities  to blend in. She just couldn't understand how he could seemingly look right through her.

She'd seen the shift of Chase's focus go from Sebastian during the first week to her after that. She'd hoped that he'd become interested in her and wanted to manipulate those feelings to turn him into a minion of her desire, as had the other students been to Krane. She hated to admit that Chase—as well as Adam and Bree—were much more skilled than any of the students and it had been only a matter of time before they'd defeated the soldiers.

Her father's actions had been too impulsive and with too little thought. To this day, she didn't understand why out of everyone Krane had at his disposal, she hadn't been sent to fight alongside the students. Sebastian was no match for Chase and S1 was foolish enough to underestimate every person she encountered.

Lorelei's nose scrunched, her mouth pursing together into an annoyed pout. S1 would always brag about her bionic abilities and how many she possessed. However, with as many abilities she had, she didn't have enough practice to actually utilize all of them to their full capability. Bree knew exactly how to use her super speed to a great advantage and how she could use Adam's super strength to cause a greater impact.

The bionic students wouldn't work together as they were neither family nor friends. All those months Lorelei had spent training with them, it was apparent they were a group of strangers forced together. They didn't team up and didn't know how to approach a fight as a group. They were no strategists and instead let everyone fight on their own and that was why they lost.

Lorelei crossed her arms as she was waiting in line. There wasn't much she could do aside from waiting. Much to her surprise, Adam, Bree and Leo were also present in the lines, whereas Chase was one of the three people performing the chip checks.

They'd quickly built three small cabins where they could perform the chip checks in private. Every time Chase opened his door to allow in the next person, Lorelei could see the glance in his eyes as she had to inch closer to him. An idea began to form in her mind when she overheard Adam talking to Leo. 

'I wish I was in Chase's line. I have the best prank set up, but I have to be in his line for that and Bree told me I couldn't squeeze into Chase's line,' he said with a sad pout and longingly looked over to Chase's line, like a puppy watching someone take his treat away.

'If you want Adam,' Lorelei piped up. 'We could switch lines. I'd rather not be in Chase's line.' Her eyes shot over to Bree to check whether or not she was okay with the switch and to her relief, Bree agreed a little reluctantly.