𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐼𝐼𝐼

─────⊰ ✧

─────⊰ ✧.*✦*.✧ ⊱───── 

   𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐈'𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐋𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐁𝐁𝐄𝐃 a week after the sinking fiasco. Since she injured it years ago, it tended to take a while before her ankle would heal if it was wounded again. Everyone seemed to let the sinking of the island go rather easily, as it quickly wasn't a topic of discussion anymore amongst the students.

She was laying down on her bed, the thin mattress making it difficult to be comfortable. At least her room wasn't lit with TLC lights like the rest of the building. The lamps illuminating the walls had a softer, warmer light that didn't hurt Lorelei's eyes as much. In the dim light, Lorelei could be mistaken for a mere shadow on her bed.

However, the thing that frustrated Lorelei more than the lights was the lack of privacy. She didn't have a room of her own, but instead had to share it with three others. She wished for a room of her own more than anything, but knew it wasn't an option.

She let out a low sigh. The only time she had some sort of alone time was if she stayed in bed as the others left the room. While the others were eating their breakfast, Lorelei often skipped it.

She winced lightly when she put pressure on her ankle and slowly limped towards the door. She touched the doorknob with her poisonous green glow until it disappeared. As she sat back down on her bed, she grabbed a pouch filled with earthly dirt and took a pinch of it. She scrunched it in her hand, as she recited the words she'd said so often before.

'From dust to solid with one blow
rising from the earth they grow
they cleanse the air clear
make my garden appear.'

A floating potting station appeared in front of her, filled with different kinds of plants, flowers, herbs and spices. She'd worked lots of hours to create the small garden she had now. Pruning and watering whenever needed. As she closed her eyes, she felt the energy of the different plants swirling together and merging with her own energy.

Her garden was based on astrology and split into seven categories. The celestial body of Saturn stood for boundaries, binding, banishing, aging and death. Most of the flowers had petals, scorched into the darkest depth of black and purple. They were poisonous, perfect to use in potions and spells meant to hurt others.

The category of the Sun seemed to be the complete opposite as it radiated life into the mixture, with citrusy scents and flowers ranging from dandelion yellow to tangerine orange. Together with the Moon, which flowers had psychic abilities and were often used as sedatives, it could create terribly powerful healing potions.

However, in case of illness, Lorelei had to use flowers from the garden of the celestial body of Mars. She'd often nicked her fingers to pluck one of the plants, as every plant was guarded by thorns or prickly stems. The garden stood for defense, attack and vitality.